Reasons (Jughead X Reader)

Prompt: you're the new girl at Riverdale High, who is befriended by Betty and the others.
Warnings: Swearing(?)
Words: 1018
Y/F/B: your favorite band

I arrive at Riverdale High School for my first day, I really didn't want to be here, but of course my dad just had to get transferred to some town in the middle of fucking nowhere. I slip my earbuds in, blasting Y/F/B and walk into the school. Once inside I paused my music and head to the office as I walk in, I noticed flyers talking about a memorial service for some guy named Jason Blossom, I look at it until the receptionist gets my attention "You okay hunny?" She asks, she was an older woman probably in her mid fifties "yeah, I'm a new student, Y/N L/N" I replied, looking around at the office, inhaling the scent of stale coffee, "oh right, let me get your schedule and a map of the school" she says, going into a filing cabinet and getting out what I need. I wait for about three minutes as she gets my papers, she hands me my papers and I thank her.

As I turned I bump into a red headed girl, who was wearing a cheerleading uniform "ow?! What the hell is your problem?!" She snapped, I flinch "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to" I stammer, quickly leaving the office and that scary red head behind. I look around for my locker when I hear a voice "You okay? You look kinda lost" she says, flashing a bright smile "how'd you guess?" I say, feeling my awkwardness grow "well, you keep looking at this" she says, pointing to the map, I blush softly "I'm Betty Cooper, let me show you around" Betty says, smiling "thank you, I'm Y/N by the way" I say as we find my locker. We talk for a few minutes until I hear voices calling Betty, I look and see a guy wearing a blue and gold varsity jacket, a girl wearing a black dress and pearls, and a really cute guy wearing a beanie, denim jacket, and jeans. "Hey guys, this is Y/N, she's new" Betty says, I wave nervously, I glanced at the guy with the beanie 'God he's really cute' I thought "nice to meet you, I'm Archie Andrews, this is my girlfriend Veronica Lodge, and my best friend Jughead Jones" Archie says, pulling Veronica closer "nice to meet you guys" I say, noticing Jughead staring at my ripped skinny jeans, combat boots, and faded band tee.

-Lunch-

I walk outside with my food, looking for a place to sit. "Y/N! Over here!" I hear Betty call, I look around and go to them once I find them. "So, where'd you move from?" Jughead asks, sipping his water "Seattle, my dad got transferred from his construction company to one here." I say,  trying not to sound too miserable about it, but he noticed "you don't like it here?" He asks, studying my body language "so far no, I already got my head ripped off by some cheerleader, this sleazy jock keeps hitting on me, and I really miss my old school." I say, taking a small bite if my salad, he wrinkles his nose "It's just Cheryl being a bitch like always, and Reggie being a perv like always, don't worry about them" Veronica says, her head on Archie's shoulder, I nod and enjoy lunch with my new friends, they were really cool. Once lunch finished I get up, before being pulled back by Jughead. "What are you doing?" I ask, seeing his little smirk "I'm going to show you the reason you moved to Riverdale"  he says, pulling my along. We get to his car and go "what about class? Won't we get in trouble?" I ask, and put on my seatbelt "nah, I get special permission to leave campus after lunch, since I work for the Blue and Gold, the school newspaper" he says, as he drives off. "So, are you and Betty together?" I ask, trying to break the ice "we dated for a little bit, but we decided it was too weird and broke up.' he says, I nod and watch him drive "where are we going?" I ask, tilting my head like a curious puppy, "The Twilight Drive-in" he says, I look at him confused "why there?" I ask, staring at him "no reason" he says as we pull into the gravel parking lot "there has to be a reason, everything has a reason for happening" I say, unbuckling my seatbelt. "You like questioning everything don't you?" He says, fixing his hair "I'm naturally curious" I say, smirking softly, he chuckled softly and put an arm around me, I felt my heart beat faster than usual, but I didn't care. "So, there is a reason for us being together right now?" He asks, holding me "yup, you're obviously planning something" I say, scooting a bit closer, "that's right princess" he says, taking my hand.
"So we're just here enjoying each other's company?" I ask after what felt like an eternity "yes, we are" he says, our fingers intertwined, I smile and nuzzle into his chest, Jughead smiles and kisses my cheek, I blush softly and face him. "So there's a reason for me doing this?" I ask, before getting could answer I lean in and press my lips against his, kissing him gently, I feel him pull me closer and kiss back. After a bit we pull away "yes there is, you've been wanting to that since this morning when we met" he says, holding me close, I giggled and nod "maybe I can take you on a proper first date, Saturday night?" He asks, I nod. Maybe I was going to like Riverdale after all.

That was my first ever imagine, I am so sorry if it was as horrible as nails on a chalkboard, but if you liked it, vote, comment & request! Tips also will help, unless they're irrelevant to the story.