ᑕhapter 7

Yuki stormed out of the closet, Natsuki darting after her. Natsuki was taken aback by the sudden mood swing- she wasn't exactly aware she was saying mean things. Yuki has been responding with the same things anyway, so... was Yuki just sick of Natsuki's sour attitude? Was that another person who didn't approve of the way she acted..?

"Wait, Yuki!" Natsuki had a hard time catching up with the taller girl- and in fact, she really couldn't. Already, she was falling behind. "It's not like I..."

"What?" Yuki called out from behind her. "Listen, Natsuki... I'm not going to unfriend you or anything, I'm just leaving for now... I don't like being ridiculed. Sorry."

"I-!" Natsuki was at a loss of words.

"I just need a... a break. See you around, Natsuki."

Yuki walked away, leaving a confused Natsuki behind.

"Yuki..."

🅽🅾🆃 l̸͟͞i̸͟͞k̸͟͞e̸͟͞ t̸h̸i̸s̸

———

"Hey, Yuki!" Monika stepped out of the classroom, following the girl to the bench. "You alright?"

"Yeah.. I'm fine," Yuki sighed. "I'm just... sensitive, I guess."

"Well, everyone is," Monika assured. "Don't worry about it. Some of us can't take the teasing, I don't like being teased either, so it makes sense."

"Yeah... thanks," Yuki mumbled. "Maybe I overreacted back there.."

"I don't really think you did. I don't really know what happened, but I know Natsuki can tend to come off as mean sometimes," Monika replied. "But she's really quite nice, once you get past the harsh words."

"I'm sure she is," Yuki sighed. "I just... dunno. I feel like I'm supposed to like her, but I just don't."

"Well, maybe you'll warm up to her." Monika suggested. "Maybe it'll just take time."

"Maybe," Yuki said. "Or maybe I'll just continue disliking her."

"Maybe... but let's hope that's not the case, alright?"

"Yeah, you're right."

Maybe, Yuki thought. All she knew was that she really didn't like Natsuki. She got a weird feeling from the girl..

———

It was time to prepare for the festival. Sayori was distributing roles- Yuri was to make the posters, Monika would make pamphlets, Natsuki would be making cupcakes with Sayori. So what were you supposed to do?

"Oh, Yuki!" Sayori smiled. "Here, I need you to go and grab something for me! Is that alright?"

"Sure, what do you need?" Yuki asked. "I'll do what I can."

"Hehe! I need you to go and grab a couple of books downstairs. Let me write down the titles for you."

She grabbed a post it note, and scribbled down some titles. "Computer Coding 101" "A Survivor's Thoughts" "How to Survive Anything" Were the titles. Yuki didn't think anything of it, she just went downstairs and picked up the books.

As she carried them back up, something fell out. She picked it up- it was a piece of paper that was very damaged, and hard to see. Something was written on it.

 Something was written on it

Geez. That gave me the creeps...

You wondered why those words were written on it. What was wrong with Monika? Monika was beautiful, smart, caring... Yuki literally didn't know what was, or could be wrong with Monika.

Probably just a prank, Yuki thought, and left it alone, throwing it into the trash. Probably Natsuki.

———

"Hey... Sayori, do you think Yuki's still mad at me?" Natsuki asked, looking away. She didn't want you to be mad at her anymore.

"Yuki? Hmm. Probably, to tell you the truth!" Sayori nodded. "Sorry! ...can I eat a cookie?"

Sayori eyed the bag of cookies Natsuki had next to her.

"After telling me that? Nope," Natsuki huffed. "Come on. Give me so real advice."

"Okay, okay. Well, Yuki's mad at you because you were being too... I guess, mean. Maybe try to lighten up a bit!"

"That... sounds...not like me, though," Natsuki sighed. "I'd be faking myself. I don't want to do that."

"Well... that's understandable," Sayori nodded. "But Yuki probably just doesnt like teasing! So I guess it makes sense that she got annoyed at you."

"So what am I supposed to do?"

"Maybe go and apologize?" Sayori shrugged. "Yeah, you should go and apologize. I'll be back, I need to go do something on my computer, but first..."

"Yeah, yeah, you can have a cookie."

"Yes!" Sayori grabbed one, happily biting into it. "Thank you!"

———

"Hey, Yuki," Yuri greeted. "Come check this out... I mean, only if you want to..!"

Yuri looked away, and you couldn't help but notice how adorable that was.

"Hehe, of course. What do you want me to see?"

Yuri had started putting paint onto the poster, a mixture of pink, purple, green, blue, and some other colors.

"I didn't know you were an artist!" Yuki smiled. "Wow!"

"Artist is a little... too much," Yuri said. "Creative, I suppose."

"Well, it looks really good."

"I used everyone's eye colors..." Yuri pointed. "Is it alright? I know the green looks kind of strange with the pink and purple... oh it might have been a bad idea... I'll just take it off."

"Yuri, it looks fine," Yuki assured. "I promise."

"R-really?"

"Yeah! It looks great."

Nothing can go wrong. Not like this. Right?

AUTHORS NOTE: I'm so sorry for not updating! I'll try to update more. Thank you so much for sticking through with the book!