talk after 7x10 (english)

*Knock Knock*

Donna opened the door, knowing that it's him. She always just knew.

„How could you do that?" Harvey shouted at her, obviously angry.

„I just had to know, okay? We've been doing this dance around each other since we've sleeped together." Donna replied, she was tensed, too.

„And why did you have to kiss me now, where I'm finally in a healthy relationship?" he argued, obviously still angry.

„Because I figured that it would be about time, that I finally do something. I can't go on like this. And besides..I kissed you. You didn't cheat, and if I didn't mean anything to you, it doesn't matter anyway." Donna replied.

„Oh, come on you knew that I would kiss you back." he said and got really quiet at the last part.

„No Harv! I don't know that. And that's exactly the point. Because we never talked about it." Donna said with a steady voice.

„So, you figured kissing me would be the solution?" he replied, falling back to his usual pattern of behavior; using aggression as a defence-mechanism.

„I'm sorry, Harvey. I really am. But you know, as well as I do that if I would have tried to talk to you, you would even have bothered to have a serious talk with me. You would have told me that you have a girlfriend and that you're happy with her or whatever and that would be it. Than we would go back to being friends. And nothing would have changed. And I need a change. I...can't move on like this. Like I said, I'm sorry, but I had to know. After all these years, if there still is something..." she explained and got really quite at the last part.
Harvey's features relaxed a bit. Technically, he knew that she would never do anything to hurt him or to ruin his relationship.

„And did you find what you were searching for?
Did you find out what you had to know?" he asked, kinda afraid of the answer.

„Yes." she replied, looking down on her feet.

„And?" he asked further.

„Harv..don't do that. I created enough mess." Donna pressed out.

„No, Donna. You want to talk? Okay, than talk." he replied, a bit angry, again.

„Do you want to come in?" Donna asked then, realizing that they were still standing in her door frame. She opened her door, wide enough for him to enter and he stepped in.

„Sit down." she commanded, „Do you want anything to drink?"

„Donna!" Harvey said in a serious voice. She knew that he wouldn't want anything to drink, but she was trying to buy herself some time. He had already sat down, looking at her expectantly. She let herself fall down on the comforting couch, on the opposite from him, looking down at her hands.

„You already know the answer Harv..my feelings didn't leave." she said quitly, looking up to see his reaction. Harvey was looking into a different direction. It was silent for a few minutes that felt like an eternity.
Harvey seemed to be lost in his own thoughts and she didn't blame him. So, she just sag there, waiting for him to say or do something.

„And what does that mean now? For you...for us?" he asked then, quietly, finally looking at her again. Donna was surprised. He really had made process. They were talking, about it all, for probably the first time ever.

„I don't know. I-" she said, but was interrupted by Harvey's mobile phone.

„Hello?" he said, when he picked up the phone.