89 • Actions & Words

Start from the beginning

Actions speak louder than words, yes, but actions without words are just confusing.

I shrugged. "Does that even matter?" I saw Bomin's eyes soften a bit, his shoulders sagging a little. Was he disappointed? I didn't know. "Let's just continue eating and change the subject, if we don't Bomin might become a tomato."

I glanced at him one last time, a small smile on my face. He looked at my way and returned the smile, although his was a bit tight, sad.

●•●•●•●•●•●•●

"Let's get them together," Donghyun concluded with a clap, a determined look on his face.

"How? That's pretty impossible," Jibeom asked, and it made everybody think.

"But really, they need to be together, like right now. I swear, I can't endure their sneaky glances at each other anymore," Joochan cringed for the second time that day.

Silence enveloped the four as they thought of a successful plan that could hopefully make them a couple already.

Just then, Jaehyun's face brightened. "I've got it. I know what to do."

●•●•●•●•●•●•●

"Hey, Arim!" Joochan flailed his arms as he screamed, and I turn around quickly to see Joochan make a fool out of himself.

"Oh, Joochan." I acknowledged as he quickened his steps to match that of mine.

"Where were you going?"

"I was going to meet Bomin in his cla---" I pointed above, but then he cut me off mid sentence.

"But I have something to show you!" Joochan forced you to turn around by gripping your shoulders. "Let's go!"

"But w-wait he's going to say--"

"Stop talking about him for a moment and just come with me."

●•●•●•●•●•●•●

Bomin stared at the window, looking down. He was smiling a while ago, at how she was skipping her way to him.

He was supposed to confess to her today. He finally decided, that he didn't want them to stay just as best friends. He wanted to risk their friendship to a much better one. He wanted to let out his feelings, feelings that he couldn't hide for such a long time.

Especially at what happened yesterday. Their talk during lunch. He was crestfallen, to say the least, at the behavior she showed. Bomin was obviously flustered at what they were discussing about, but she was unbothered, as if it was nothing, as if it was some kind of joke.

And that made Bomin's heart fall.

That pushed him to his limits. He wanted to be strong, and to be confident.

He still had some hope. Hope that maybe just a bit, just a little, she liked him back. Those mere words can already cheer him up throughout the day, the whole week probably.

If only she did. He thought. I'd be the happiest man on earth.

"Why so serious?" Jibeom touched Bomin's shoulders out of the blue, making Bomin slightly jump.

"Hyung! You scared me," Bomin told him while touching his chest, his heart pounding hard.

"Where you looking at something?"