33 • Serendipities

Start from the beginning

"Yah, why are there so many people today?" I ask curiously, looking around. "I don't have anywhere to sit on."

"I don't know what's up too," Jaehyun shrugs as he stands, waiting for the blender to finish blending. "And to think this happened on your birthday."

"This just means today is bad luck for me."

"You don't know, something might be waiting for you today," he looks up and gives you a mischievous smile. "Speaking of your birthday, somebody took your small birthday cake I made especially for you."

"What? Who?"

"What a waste, that was a yummy triple chocolate cake with marshmallows and chocolate chips on top..." He sighs and I almost drooled at the description. I might not like sweet things, but chocolate is an exception. "Well this guy ordered and then he saw the mini cake just beside me with the words 'Happy Birthday' on it. He asked if he can buy it, I denied, but then he gave me a wad of cash just for it - I swear that man was loaded, the wallet was filled to the brim - anyways, my co-worker told me to just accept it and yeah, he probably already ate that delicious, beautiful cake..."

Jaehyun pours the contents of the blender into a large sized cup. "Too bad, I was going to give it to you as a gift." He puts whipped cream on top. "I should've put your name on it so that he can't buy it, but it was small so..."

I grab a straw from the side and accept the already done frappe made by Jaehyun. "My stomach would probably be rejoicing right now if I had that cake..." Now I'm the one who sighed. "Thanks, Jae. At least you still made something for me. I'm gonna find a seat now, bye."

"Okay, enjoy, and happy birthday, Y/N!"

Now to find a table.

God, why is it full today?

I was close to giving up when I saw a table, not far from where I stood, with no one there. My eyes almost cried with joy when I found it, and I immediately rush to that table.

I instantly leaned on the soft couch and put the frappe on the table. That's when I saw a cup of coffee that's half full and a mini cake on the other side of the table, three-fifths of it already gone.

"Why would someone waste such a good cake?" I grumble.

Slurping the frappe, my mouth was filled with creamy chocolate goodness, a new heaven I have discovered, thanks to Jaehyun. I take note of the name of this frappe to buy next time.

While enjoying my drink, somebody comes out from the comfort room and apparently sits down across me, unaware of my presence. I just glare at the person.

The guy looks up after drinking his coffee and almost spit his drink when he saw me in front of him.

"Yah, why are you at my table?" He warily asks.

"I should be asking the same question to you," I cross my arms.

"I was here first, you know. Haven't you seen this bag and the coffee and cake I ordered?" He scoffs, and I lean back, defeated, because what he said actually made sense.

That explains why there was leftover cake and a half-empty cup of coffee in front, I think. Then I guess being sassy wouldn't help me in this situation.

"Well, I'm sorry. I couldn't find any vacant tables until I found this. Can I share though?" I request, trying my best to be kind, tone rising in the end as I hold back an eyebrow to raise in irritation.

He glances over me, from head, until to where he can see. He doesn't seem to be bothered by my stressed face, instead, he seems amused by it, which made me annoyed more. "Hmm, you look quite okay, so maybe you can."