17. Loneliness again?

~ sometimes it is our own feelings that act as poison for ourselves~

Two fat tears made their way out of her almond eyes as she looked up at him, who was trying his best to not look at her.

"Shravan!", Her voice was a whisper, a whisper of plead to not go the same way again.

Shravan sighed at her voice, he didn't want to hurt her yet again. The burden of his earlier deeds was crushing him sufficiently to do anything to increase that. He cupped her face and wiped the tears.

"Suman, please try and understand. I am not the right person for you. Please, just go back.", The self loathing in his voice shook her. She kept her hands over his as he still sat cupping her face.

" You are the right person for me Shravan", her reply was soft, but the assurance in her voice was enough to make his gaze snap upwards.

" No Suman. No. Please.", He left her and stood up, as he ran his fingers through her messy hairs again.

"Why?", Suman followed suit.

"Because I am not who I use to be, today I am the person who brought your PCT down, I crumpled your dreams Suman", his voice was now an octave higher, as he desparately tried to make her understand he was wrong.

" And you were also the person who recommended my food to your clients", Suman answered softly, trying to read his face. Shravan was surprised at her knowledge of this fact.

" Suman, I insulted you in front of our high school friends, I crushed your self respect..", he choked by the end of it, but it was important to show her how much of a monster he had been, even though every memory made his heart bleed a little more.

"And you were the one saved me and my house, even though you were not even responsible", Suman countered again, wiping her tears simultaneously as his words pricked an old wound.

" Suman, my ego was responsible for your accident. You could have lost your life or you might have been paralysed forever..", Shravan tried to bring back those memories to her. He knew she had hated being dependent on anyone.

" And you were also the one who knew to push which button to bring back my willpower", Suman replied again, even though this time she was agitated with those memories. Shravan could see it was working.

" I was the one who had the worst opinion of you as a women

" I was the one who had the worst opinion of you as a women. I compared you to gold diggers and whores too. I told your fiance that you have slept with me. I manhandled you so many times. Nanu could have died of heart attack if he knew what all I had done to his favorite grandchild. I didn't trust my own mother. Why do you think I will trust you in the future ahead? Wake up Suman, wake up!", Shravan literally screamed at her, using bitter words to describe his crimes. The guilt rose like a gush of bile in his throat, and he felt utterly nauseatic but it was important to show her what a devil she wanted to be with.