Part 1

She stood there hanging on to my bedpost; her grip was so hard her knuckles where white. It looked as if she were about to faint

"Ahem"

She froze and turned around looking at the ground not daring to look me at my face.

How funny that even now she is still following servant code and not looking at me in the face.

She was shaking "I thought you were dead." she said meekly

"Did you really think I was dead? "I laughed was she so insolent to believe this? I am a god she should know better."

"So you know now" "know what?" I questioned challenging still smirking

"Why I stayed... it was private and now you know. I can never feel the same serving you."

I was taken back by this, my smirk was no longer on my face I did not expect her to bring this up. "But I have to stay for my family, for my sake." I was shocked at her words "why didn't you say anything?" she said, she was crying now.

"Did you enjoy it?" "No-no I-" "did you enjoy me making a fool of myself? Are you entertained now! Your majesty?"

She made a pause "why didn't you stop me?" she asked

By now, she was on her knees gripping on the bedpost as if her life depended on it "I admitted I loved you and you did nothing, are we Midgardians this disgusting to you?" "You don't even know my name! You don't even care." she said with a slight laugh "I should have known."

She slowly stood up and wiped her tears. "Excuse me your majesty" she curtsied in a mocking way, walked right by me, and left as if nothing. I should have run after her but I did not.

Why did I not, I am such a coward.

Melanie's pov

I walked out of that forsaken room, head high, heartbroken, tears in my eyes. I felt like my life had ended, why did I speak to him in such a way? It was disrespectful what I said, I could have possibly just endangered my whole life... no, not just mine my families lives too.

I walked calmly all the way to my house on the edge of Asgard. I walked in locked the door and that's where I broke down.