Chapter 1

My name is Richie Tozier and I am a 13 year old living a double life. You've probably heard of me through the famous story of The Losers Club VS Pennywise or, you might know me as Mike Wheeler, the quiet Dungeons and Dragons player. This has been a major secret that I have been keeping for two whole years. Especially from my two best friends, Eddie Kaspbrak and Will Byers. And my girlfriend, El. But something went wrong with my secret. Alright then, this is my story of how my friends met, and my life completely flipped.

"We've already had this discussion Rich," Eddie exclaimed, "it's the mass of the loogie.. not the distance."

I shook my head and turned to Bill Denbrough. He's another one of my friends from Derry. He shrugged and turned away with a grin, clearly not wanting to be a part of our debate. I've been hanging around these guys every weekend and summer for the past two years. They are basically brothers to me.

"Whatever you say Eds. But if you had an ounce of intelligence in that brain of yours, you'd know it's been distance for the past two years." I smirked.

"Before you though," He gave me a friendly shove, "It was mass."

"Ha, was mass" I chuckled and shoved him back.

"Alright you win then Tozier. And don't call me Eds!" he shouted and laughed.

I rolled my eyes and laughed along with him. My phone buzzes in my pocket, stopping my laughter. I pulled out my phone and see that I got a text. My screen glows the words 'Missed call from Dustin (3)". Shit.

"Hey guys I really gotta go. It's already 6 and I was supposed to be home at 6:30. I'll come see-" I cough. "I'll chill with you guys again tomorrow.. kay bye"

I walk down the street and book it around the corner heading towards the train station. I run through the entrance and scan my card. As I board the train I bump into a few people mumbling "sorry" as I go. I run into the on board washroom and place my backpack on the toilet seat. Inside my bag there was a new outfit. A pair of light brown khakis, a faded burgundy sweater, a comb, and a pair of white sneakers. I stripped myself of my glasses and put them into the backpack. Next, I took off my jean shorts and replaced them with my new pair of khakis. Finally, my tacky Hawaiian shirt is replaced with my sweater.

Mike Wheeler

I walked through my backdoor, carefully trying to get in to stop squeaking and to be as stealthy as possible. I hear a shuffle and see my older sister Nancy standing in the living room with a book held lazily in her left hand, she glances up to the clock that's hanging on the wall. I drop my backpack slowly, not looking away from Nancy.

"It's 6:45. You were supposed to be home at 6. You're screwed." She says and laughs slightly shaking her head.

"How am I screwed? You're the only one who's seen me-" I stop and look at her, eyes pleading.

"Mom! Michael just got home!" Nancy half turns and screams down the hall.

"I hate you" I look at her dead in the eyes, "I really hate you."

She laughs and sits down on the couch. Within seconds you hear my mothers angry footsteps coming down the hallway from the kitchen. She appears in the doorway with a kitchen towel in her hand wearing her apron.

"Hello Michael," she smiles. I nod to her. "I hope you had a lovely time. Care to come with me to the kitchen?" She smiles and nods again. I slip my sneakers off and glare at Nancy as I walk by. We enter the kitchen and she turns to me.

"Michael Wheeler" Her cheery attitude from before has disappeared and was now disappointed and worried. "Richie Tozier, whoever you are, you're 45 minutes late. The boys have been downstairs for 15 minutes waiting for you."

As if on cue one of my best friends, Will Byers, opens the door from the basement. He doesn't fully come into the kitchen before he starts talking to my mother.

"Mrs. Wheeler, is Mike home? He's really late and we're all pretty anxious to star-" he comes out from the staircase and sees me standing in the kitchen.

"Hey Will." I say, faking the best smile I could.

"Oh thank goodness. Hey boys!," he turns and sticks his head down the staircase, "He's home!"

"Why don't you go down hun." My mother says to him, "Michael can get you boys drinks and then you can start your game"

"Okay, thank you." he turns to the stairs and closes the door behind him.

I sneak around my mother and head to the fridge to get my friends their drinks. She turns to me and I can feel her glare watching me as I get the cups.

"I hope Derry's worth it. Hawkins is pretty amazing Mike. I don't know how I can make your life better here so you don't need to keep going but god, this is getting stressful." she sighs. "Whatever. Go to your friends. They've been waiting long enough."

"Mom." I turn around angrily, "You promised I could do this. I love being the goofy one. I love having new friends that I can talk to through the person that I want to be. Richie Tozier is my getaway. My getaway from all of my problems here. I'm going now. Goodnight." I take the tray of drinks and go downstairs to meet Will, Lucas, and Dustin for another long Dungeons and Dragons tournament.

A/N- I was writing this for fun at school and my boy friend and french teacher told me to post it sooooo. I'm gonna post two POV's a day and MIGHT do more depending on views and shtuff.. (working on a Fack/Jyatt book too)