Chapter 7- I'M DEKU!

Start from the beginning

Iida put a hand up to his chin. "I was really taken aback by Aizawa-sensei. I even thought, 'this is the best of the best' and such."

"I didn't think a teacher would encourage us with a lie." Iida said.

'Actually, I don't think he was totally kidding....'

"Oi! You three! Going to the station? Wait for me!"

The trio turned around to see Uraraka running towards them.

She managed to catch up to the group. "You're the infinity girl." Iida said.

"I'm Uraraka Ochako! Um, you're Iida Tenya. And you—" Uraraka looked at Ryu.

She smiled. "You're the nice girl who saved me and I don't even know your name!"

Midoriya stifled a laugh and Iida looked very confused.

Ryu closed his eyes, willing away the tick mark on his head. "I'm Shinawa Ryu. But you can call me Ryu."

Uraraka tilted her head to the side. "Ryu...? That's not a very girly name..."

Ryu sighed. "That's because I'm not a girl."

Uraraka blinked. "Haaaaaah? Seriously?! No way! You're way too cute!" she laughed.

Ryu sighed again. Iida just looked relieved that the misunderstanding was cleared up.

"Oh! And you're Midoriya Deku, right?"

"'Deku?!'" Midoriya said in surprise.

"Pffffffffftt...." Ryu put a hand over his mouth.

"Huh? But during the fitness test, the boy named Bakugou said— (flashback to: 'DEKU, YOU BASTARD!'), remember?" Uraraka said.

"Uh... my real name is Izuku, but Deku is what Kacchan calls me to make fun of me..." Midoriya explained awkwardly.

"An insult...?" Iida asked, mainly to himself.

"Oh! Is that right? Sorry..." Uraraka said.

Ryu grabbed Midoriya's shoulder. "But hey! 'Deku' sort of sounds like that Japanese word for 'you can do it', right? So I kinda like the name." Ryu grinned.

Midoriya's face went red.

"I'M DEKU!" he exclaimed.

"Midoriya-kun?!" said Iida, "You're accepting it too easily! Wasn't that an insult?!"

Midoriya had his face in his hands, and Ryu couldn't help but laugh at his actions.

Timeskip:

Ryu and his classmates quickly learned that some things about U.A. were entirely normal... just in an abnormal way. Although, the "normal" things were still foreign to Ryu, since his only school experience was homeschooling.

In the morning, class 1-A had completely regular classes. It was a little strange having super heroes teaching regular classes like English, though.

Lunch was held in the main cafeteria. The cafeteria staff was also composed of heroes, which was... interesting to say the least.

In the afternoon, class 1-A has their Hero Basic Training.

"I... AAAAAAAAAAMMMM—"

A random All Might appeared in the doorway of the classroom.

"Entering through the door like a normal person!" All Might yelled.

Ryu sweat dropped, but couldn't help smiling.

"It's All Might!" Kaminari said.

"Wow, he really is a teacher!" exclaimed Kirishima.

"That's a costume from the Silver Age, isn't it?" Asui asked.

All Might dramatically walked to the front of the class, swinging his arms as if he were jogging, but moving incredibly slow.

"I teach Hero Basic Training!" All Might announced when he finally stopped. "It is a subject where you train in different ways to learn the basics of being a hero."

"You'll take the most units of this subject! Let's get right into it! This is what we'll do today..." All Might magically pulled out a sign as he held it out towards the class.

The small sign read: 'BATTLE'

"Combat training!" All Might shouted.

"Combat!!!" Bakugou said, already looking forward to battling.

"Training..." said Midoriya.

"And to go with that, are these!!!" All Might pointed to the wall.

Sections of the wall started protruding outwards. The sections had small compartments with numbers on them.

"Costumes were made based on your Quirk registrations, and the requests you sent in before school started!" All Might explained.

"Wooooaaahhh!" The class shouted in excitement.

"After you change, gather in Ground Beta!"

"Yes, sir!" the class responded.

Everyone animatedly talked about their new costumes and the combat training, but only one thing was going through Ryu's mind:

'We were supposed to make a costume request...?'

Author's Note: That's it from me for today! You'll get to see what Ryu's costume is like in the next chapter! Sorry for the late update.

*bows profusely*

*bow*
*bow*
*bow*