Chapter 2

06/19/3016

Robin, once again did a successful job in a different company. For the first time, he started to research in the Mnetrin pirates. Of course, trying to join them would lead to arrest, so he decided to read books instead of the internet, where he suspected that other people would tell.

One day, he asked his friend, Charles, on how to join them. He was startled.

"You really want to join them? Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Tired of this present job. Besides, you could always leave if you want to, right?"

"You can only leave if you agree to don't tell anyone about their whereabouts, which you obviously won't. However, being a pirate is still dangerous." Charles said, hoping he convinced him not to join.

"I know that."

"How are you sure you will come back in one piece?"

"You are alive."

Charles sighed. "Look, I don't want anyone dealing with them. They are ciminals and criminals usually go to prison. So please, stay away."

"But you are still here."

"I got here safely by infiltrating a sectoral database and clearing my record with some other friends. How will you clear yours?"

"Same method."

He gave up trying to convince him. "No use trying to reason with you, huh? Ok then. Not my fault you get into trouble." He looked around. "Wait for a bit." He got his gadget and called someone. After some while, he put down his gadget and said, "Ok, wait at the Alcas' Pub, which is down the street to the left. You will see an Eriskat wearing a black-blue coat. He will talk to you 'casually'. Ok?"

Robin agreed. When he went to the destination, he realized that Alcas' Pub was a bar, and he rarely drank alchohol. Nevertheless, he decided to take a drink.

20 minutes after ordering a drink, a male Eriskat entered and sat beside him.

"Heard you want to join the Mnetrin Pirates?" The alien said. Robin then noticed his coat - black with blue-stipes on the side.

So this must be the Eriskat. Robin thought.

"Charles told you?" Robin asked.

"Yeah, said to us that if we were looking for recruits, he told me to consider you. So we did." He replied.

Robin silently thanked Charles inside his head. "You are a pirate too, right?"

"Yup." The blue-skinned Eriskat said as he ordered a drink.

"What is your name?"

"Call me Redas for now." He looked around cautiously. "You see, the police here got my first name right, and now they are looking for me. Anyway, you wanted to join us?"

"Yeah." Robin replied.

"Ok then, I will let you know through chat in your device or whatever you use if you are qualified according to our standards, since you are not the only one who wants to join us. Ok?"

"How will I know that I did not join?"

"Simple, you do not receive word from me. Just stay alert." Shortly after, Redas left.

After that talk, he now focused on his drink, knowing that fate will decide.

---

Another profit earned today for Ella. As she zooms through the Mnetrin sub-sector, her ship detected a signal. A signal quite familiar to her.