The Project

Mikey's POV

My mom takes me to school today. She usually takes me but then there are times where I get rides from Nicole or Jackson and Dylan. We arrive at school shortly and I say my goodbyes to my mom. I get out the car and head for the normal spot where me and my friends me up at. It's outside of the school located near the cafeteria. A lot of students just hang out outside and just chat until it's time for school. Our spot is located in the center. There a table with this huge tree. I love that tree. It's where I go to read, draw, listen to music or just think. I wait for about 5 minutes before Nicole gets there.

"Hey Mikey. What's up?" She asked.

"Nothing much. Just chilling." I said. I had my ear bud in my head listening to him & I while drawing. I look out at the other students and continue my drawing. Nicole notices what I'm doing and looks over at my drawing.

"Mikey that's a great drawing. I wish I could draw so good. My doodles aren't even that good" she said while laughing.

"Thanks Nicole. I just love drawing. And plus being sick gives you a lot of time to practice" I said with a smile. Me and Nicole have such a strong bond that it doesn't bother either of us when I say I'm sick and she understands totally where I'm coming from.

We sit there talking about classes and just enjoying the morning. That's when the bell rang. I asked her where Jackson and Dylan were. She told me Jackson got the flu so Dylan stayed home with him to take care of him. I thought that was so cute.

Me and Nicole have half of our classes together. We have our first 4 together and then lunch. The other half we have different class but all next to one another. It's very weird but I'm glad it's like that.

We go to our first which is reading. I love reading but Nicole on the other hand hates it. I help her out a lot. The class goes by so quick and then off to Spanish and then to Pre-Cal and then Physics. The first part of the day goes by quick but slow at the same time. I'm just glad it's done because now it's lunch.

Me and Nicole go out during lunch. Our school has off campus lunch. We walk to her car and head over to In-N-Out. It's our favorite. We get out and order. Lunch is my favorite cause who doesn't like food. Me and Nicole chat and laugh. I really cherish my moments with her. Our food came out shortly and we started eating. We are and talked about the rest of the day. We finished a whole after and started our ride back to school. We got there within 5-7 minutes. The bell had just rung when we arrived and I headed to my 5th period, which was art.

I love art. It's my favorite class. I sit in the back in the corner. I go over to easel. I pull out my canvas from the back of the classroom and set up my place. The teacher comes in before I could start drawing she tells the class she has an announcement. I look up at her and listen.

"We will be having a project. This project with be in pairs. I and your reading teachers have partnered up. You will draw your partner and write a 5,000 word essay on what makes them art. Describe the texture, color, background layout, or how you drew them. You have 1 month to do this project. I have posted the partners towards the back" she said

I get up and wait in the line. There was just 3 people in front of me. It wasn't bad but there like 14 behind. The people in front of me went quick. I approached the board and slid my finger down until I found my name. Next mine the partner said Bryce Hall. I knew who he was. If you didn't Well you must be living under a rock.

Bryce Hall is the star quarterback of our high school team and the most popular guy in school. I'm not nervous that I have to work with him, it's just I'd prefer to work by myself or with someone in my social ranking.