Rainbow After Rain

It was around 11:50 at lunch. I sat at the far corner near the back wall in the lunchroom with a large pack of Doritos and a diet soda.

My headphones were in and my phone was out. I didn't have the best phone or the best lunch but it was more than satisfactory for me.

I noticed Ashley and the Riot Squad on the prowl for the latest victim. I saw her look in my direction but I didn't take any notice.

Suddenly I felt someone grab my stuff off me and throw it across   the room. It was Ashley and her crew.

I couldn't have heard them because my headphones were on and I couldn't see them because my head was down.

"Hi four eyes!" said Jeanne Galetta, Ashley's right-hand woman. "Are you okay sweetie?" asked Mariah Williams sarcastically.

I could feel eyes beaming at me.

"What's wrong cat got your tongue? Nothing was wrong with you when you were chatting up a storm with the new guy," mocked Ashley.

I didn't respond.

Then out of nowhere, Ashley picked up my drink and mumbled, "What's this?" in complete disgust.

Afterwards, when I didn't answer she picked it up and poured it all over me.

At this moment I had gathered a lot of unwanted attention. I began to cry as I looked up at the laughing faces and people recording me. What made me cry even more was when I saw Darius looking at me in shock. Then I got up, wiped my faced, gathered my things and left.

I ran to the girl's room to try to clean up. I washed my face, wiped my glasses and took off my drenched sweater. Now I was feeling exposed because all I had on was a tank top and leggings.

I had wrapped up all my things in my sweater and headed for my locker.

When I got there a crowd of people had gathered at my locker.

They laughed hysterically as I fumbled with my stuff. I was starting to tremble as the flood gates opened. Then out of nowhere, I dropped my things. I fell to my knee as the tears rolled down my cheeks like the rapids.

Suddenly, out of the blues, Darius emerged from the crowd to help me. He picked up the things, put them in my locker, then took my hand and walked away.

I was completely stunned when he took my hand, so stunned that I didn't even react, but instead I just let him take the lead. With water flowing from my eyes I watched as he took me to the back of the school.

"You didn't have to-" I began as he stared at me with his hypnotizing yet sympathetic eyes, but I was cut short by a warm and charming hug.

My heart fell as my emotions scrambled in my head. I didn't know if I should hug him back or awkwardly wait for it to end. Suddenly, this newly found courage embraced my mind and body and I hugged him back.

"I know it's random but I thought you could use it," he whispered. Then he put his hands on my shoulders and looked into-

Hey again 😄😄😄!!! This chapter was pretty long and kinda heart   😢😢😢 warming in my opinion and I really hope you guys liked it!!! The next chapter is from Dari's point of view 😍😍😍 where he gets more in depth with his feelings about Lillyana.

Don't forget to vote and remember: be weird ❤❤❤