Me: Hello?

Zion: First of all I'm here. Second of all your friend looks sexy as hell in person. Third of all bro I'm really hungry can we eat something?

Me: first of all yay. Second of all off limits that's an ex. Third of all sure I'm hungry too

I ran downstairs and saw Zion and Angie talking. They shook hands and Angie walked away before I can approach them. She got in her Uber and she was driven off.

Zion faced me and ran to me with his arms wide open. I met him half way and we hugged each other. It felt good to have one of my brothers here.

"You have no idea how good it feels to be in hot weather," Zion laughed putting on his shades.

"Thank you for coming," I sighed and I looked down.

"Hey bro it's cool. I'll do anything for you. Thank you for having me," he replied putting a hand on my shoulder. We began walking and it was quiet at first. And I didn't blame him for not knowing what to say. It was just as weird for me as it was for him to not talk about the obvious.

"So you look almost as stressed as I do," I said breaking the silence.

"I may look but I'm not. Not like you but boy am I stressed. You don't understand what went down," he sighed.

"It can't be that crazy," I laughed.

"I told Jewel I was in love with her."

I looked back at him with a straight face and said, "Oh damn."

Rose

He's not dead ass.

"Before you reply on some dumb shit remember his dad died. So any petty crap leave it for when after everything is done," Jewel said. She replied to Brandon's text and I sighed. She's right.

I sent my reply and groaned laying on her lap.  "How are you feeling?"

"I lost Zion and I feel incomplete right about now. I hate that I'm keeping this from Edwin who's been nothing but a perfect boyfriend. So great," she sighed putting her phone down.

"I honestly can't believe anything that's happening. Our life literally got flipped upside down," I replied. My phone vibrated and I saw Zion posted a picture on Instagram.

 My phone vibrated and I saw Zion posted a picture on Instagram

Zionkuwonu: We're depressed mfs 😭‼️

"Honestly. What are you going to do about Brandon?" Jewel asked looking at the picture.

"Imma just be there for him and talk to him when everything passes with the funeral and such," I replied frowning at how stressed he looks in the photo. I was mad at him but at the same time I wanna be there for him.

I got a text and I clicked on it.

Angie's Man: Hey

Me: Hi

Angie's Man: After the funeral we're going out to dinner.

Me: Um no.

Angie's Man: I wasn't asking you.

Me: I guess

I got a phone call from a private number and I picked it up.

Me: Hello?

Unknown: Too bad about your friend huh?

Me: Who is this?

The call went dead and I felt my chest tighten. My friend?

"Who was it?" Jewel asked concerned catching my expression.

"I.. I don't know. But they said something about too bad for my friend. Everyone is ok right?" I asked.

"Yea that I know of."

My phone rang again and I picked it up.

Me: Hello?

Unknown: Rose!

Me: Chris? Is everything ok?

Chris: I-It's N-Nick.