Chapter 1

1 year later

Jo's POV

" You think this is our last place ? " I ask before taking a sip of the wine. The cold air , grey sky , the heavy rain. It seem bad but it was actually quite relaxing.

" Maybe , this place is big. It'll take them weeks probably months to locate us , they'll probably get tired. " Nick shrugged , I scoffed. He pushed back his hair and pulled me onto him.

" Yeah because chasing us for a year was for nothing. " I rolled my eyes and sat on his lap , enjoying the view of the city. This was amazing but not for long. I know.

London was nice , probably better than all the other places we've been to. I'm tired of running from everybody , killing people , hiding. I just wanted to go back to the states and not have to worry who's going to kill me tomorrow.

in a year so much has happened. Things that made me wish I wasn't even in this position. But thats what happens when you kill one of the biggest drug lords ever known to name.
Best believe staying in LA wasn''t a choice. we went through all the states , some of them twice.

Nick deserves to be away from all this , better than what we're giving one another. he could be back to his normal life , forgetting about me. None of this was planned. Not apart of my plan
at least.

" What's on your mind Jo ? " I looked down at the man I loved and the one I owe a lot too. I run my fingertips over where he got shot at. I close my eyes
, going back to that day. Chills run through me and I feel bad all over again.

" H-How do you live with the fact knowing I physically hurt you. How did you forgive me ? " I always ask the question , the questions he never answers. He grabs my hand , moving it away from the scar.

" Why do you always wanna argue ? " He annoyingly asks , trying to push
off but I don't let him. I pin him down onto the chair. " Get off. "

" I'm tired of you dodging this question , Nick. Please just answer it. " I sounded desperate , but that's what it really was. Desperate for him to answer this.

He looked at me with anger , the anger that flashes through his eyes every time he feels the pressure on him. Usually by this time we're at each other's throats.

" Do I ask you how you feel with that scar on your stomach ? The one
from only a month ago hmm ? " He throws at me , I get up and my hand flies to that scar without hesitation.

He blames himself for this and this is the first time he's brought it up. I know that look in his eyes. That anger isn't towards me it's towards himself. He gets up from the chair , walks to me , making me back up to a wall

" So let me tell you this. Remember that I was the one who forgot a condom
and got you pregnant." He whispers but I can hear how shaky his voice is , trying to not explode.

" I made you hide in that vent in the hospital that night, thinking they wouldn't find you. I left you there. I didn't come back in time. I was too late. I , I , I ! It was all my fault Jo. What happened to you is nothing compared to what you did to me. I'm here , the baby isn't. "

Confused ? Yes. Shocked ? No.

I was confused because I don't know why he's putting this on him self. Why he kept this in all this time. We've been very distant but I know now that we were further than what I thought we was.

" Why are you blaming this on your self ? I-I pushed you to take me , risking it all. Knowing I had a child in my stomach I still went. Stop blaming yourself. "

" That's why you didn't talk to me for days cause you thought it was your fault ? Bullshit."

" I didn't bother doing anything with you because I just lost my fucking unborn baby. We didn't think that we could even try for a child through all this. It was an accident but you wanted the baby more than everything. I was giving you a fucking break. "