Until Next Time (Ch.11)

The drums was the only thing to be heard along with the sound of the ocean at the hanging. No one spoke a word as Jack was guided up to the noose.

Kat's breath caught in her throat. How could Norrington do this. This man had saved her and Elizabeth's life! She wanted to leave but Elizabeth was squeezing her hand so hard, it was impossible to get away.

"This is wrong." Elizabeth's voice came clearly.

"Norrington is bound by the law. As all we are Elizabeth." Governor Swann told her with his eyes staring straight ahead.

Will came towards Elizabeth and stood before her, "I should have told you this everyday since the moment I laid eyes on you. I love you." He then turned around and made his way towards Jack.

Kat filled up with joy at Will's words, "Finally!" She said before cupping her mouth. James did not miss the opportunity to glare at Kat.

Kat saw Will making his way towards Jack and realized his plan. "Elizabeth faint right now don't ask any questions." Kat said quietly.

"I-I can't breathe." And with that Elizabeth collapsed having James and Governor Swann rush to her aid.

Kat took the opportunity to scream bloody murder so everyone turned to look at her. At the moment of Jack falling through the floor board Will threw his sword right under Jack lodging itself I. The wood. Jack tried very hard to stand on it without slipping. Will began to fight the man holding the lever.

As soon as Jack slipped out of the noose Kat, Will, and Jack ran up the set of stairs, passing a column with the rope capturing a few soldiers in process, and wrapping the rope around the column. The soldiers knocked their heads back onto the cement and fell to the ground.

Kat kept running forward as the two men fought off a few other soldiers. Eventually they all came to a stop. Kat panicked as she saw bayonets pointed at them. They were completely surrounded.

"I thought we might have to endure an ill-conceived escape attempt but not from you two." Norrington paused to look at Kat and Will. "Especially you Ms. Williams."

"He's a good man Norrington. Pirate or not he's been more of a help than you have ever been to me." Kat said rudely. With this new Commodore position Norrington thought he could talk down on her like a child. Not likely.

Jack could not be more pleased with himself. He had managed to get Kat on his side which was more than anything he could've expected. In the short amount of time they'd spent together Jack already knew he had grown attached to her. Much more than he would have liked.

Governor Swann shook his head. "On our return from Port Royal I granted you three clemency. And this is how you thank me? By throwing in your lot with him?" Will looked down disappointedly.

Will threw his sword to the ground. "If all I have achieved is the hangman will earn two boots instead of one, so be it. At least my conscious will be clear."

"You forget your place, Turner." Norrington snarled.

"It's right here between you, Kat, and Jack." Will said calmly.

"As is mine." Elizabeth walked over to where Will was and grabbed his hand.

Governor Swann stepped back, shocked. "Lower your weapons," he ordered the soldiers. They did not move. "Or for goodness sake, put them down!" The bayonets were then pulled away from the four in the middle.

"So is this where your heart truly lies, then?"

"Yes," Elizabeth answered. Norrington looked at her and Will sadly then looked at Kat. As much as she didn't like him she still felt bad.

Out of the corner of her eye Kat saw Cotton's parrot fly above them. She sneaked a glance at Jack who just winked at her.

Well," Jack butted in, "I'm actually feeling rather good about this. I think we've all arrived at a special place." He walked around to face Governor Swann. "Spiritually. Ecumenically. Grammatically." He now stood in front of Norrington. "I want you to know I was rooting for you, mate. Know that." He ran over to the edge of the fort above the water where the adventure first started. "Oh um Will! Nice hat!"

Jack finally looked at Kat who was waiting for him to say something.

"You coming with me luv?" Jack asked hopefully.

As much as Kat wanted to take his hand and go with him, she didn't. "Sorry Jack I have a feeling that I've got to stick around for the wedding." She smiled at Liz and Will. "Maybe next time."

Jack smirked, "You so sure there will be a next time?"

"I don't know Captain Sparrow, something tells me this isn't goodbye." Kat smiled at him.

"What no kiss?" Jack pouted.

"Jack I think it's best you go now." Kat motioned to the angry soldiers behind her.

"Right you are. I will see you soon luv. Wait for me will ye?" Jack smiled genuinely at her. The first genuine smile he's given in a long time. Jack turned to the whole navy, "Let this be known to you, this is the day you almost-" Jack was cut off by his screams which were the cause of him tripping over the fort edge and in to the water.

"JACK!" Kat yelled out as she rushed to the side of the fort.

"Idiot," Gillett said, "He has nowhere to go except back to the noose."

Kat breathed a sigh of relief, "I wouldn't be to sure of that."

Everyone near the edge looked over to see The Black Pearl sailing out from behind the side of one of the cliffs.

The following conversation consisted of Norrington finding some rational ground with Elizabeth and Will's relationship. As for Jack, he figured a little bit of a head start for the pirate wouldn't hurt anyone.

"So this is the man you want to be with? A blacksmith?" Governor Swann questioned his daughter.

"He's not a blacksmith, he's a pirate." Elizabeth said proudly before kissing Will.

"And so is he." Kat whispered as she looked off to the distance where the Black Pearl was sailing away.

"Until next time Jack Sparrow." She smiled then walked away.

Authors Note:

Hey guys! I hope you've loved this story! I'll let you know when the sequel is up! Just so you know, everything is connected so pay attention to every chapter and every event. I'll see you guys soon! Please tell me what you think of Kat!