Jack Sparrow (Ch. 3)

Kat quickly ran over to the dock where Elizabeth had clearly fallen in the water. "Norrington! What the bloody hell did you do?" Kat screamed as he ran over. Kat herself couldn't dive in to rescue Liz for obvious reasons. She would turn in to a damn mermaid and everyone would know her secret. Another gentleman dove in to the water a dragged her out.

"She's not breathing!" Yelled on of the men who were protecting the Interceptor.

"I think it's her corset!" Kat yelled out.

The man grabbed a switch knife and cut through Liz's corset. She threw up some water and began panting for air. Everyone helped her up but not before the man took a good look at the medallion she was wearing.

"Where'd ye get that?" He said quietly.

After getting Elizabeth to an upright position Kat took a good look at the man. He was tan and seemingly drunk. He bobbed around a lot. He had dreadlocks and wore a red bandana around the top of his hair. Kat could tell that he had some golden teeth which only confirmed what she already suspected.

He was a pirate.

A handsome pirate for the record.

"Shoot him!" Governor Swann said holding on to Elizabeth.

"Commodore!" Elizabeth stood next to the pirate pulling me with her. "Do you really intend to kill my rescuer?" Norrington looked at Kat expectantly waiting for her to say something.

"Yes what she said!" Kat quickly agreed feeling the pressure on her. She could feel the pirates gaze locked on the back of her head.

"Guns down." Norrington said motioning at his men. He slowly stalked towards the pirate holding his hand out, "I do believe thanks are in order." As soon as the man but his hand in James' the Commodore gripped his wrist and pulled up his sleeve.

Kat's eyes widened at all of the marks and tattoos on his arm. Norrington spoke up,"Had a brush with the East India Trading Company did we, pirate?"

Gasps erupted from everyone as Governor Swann spoke up,"Hang him!"

"Keep your guns on him men. Gillette, go fetch me some irons. Jack Sparrow isn't it?" Norrington mockingly asked the pirate.

"Captain Jack Sparrow if you please." Jack said smirking.

"I don't see your ship Captain." Norrington said expectantly.

"I'm in the market for one as it were." Jack sloppily answered grinning slightly. Kat personally thought he was the most interesting man shed ever seen in her life. He was smiling in the face of death and while she did fear the pirate, she respected him.

"He said he'd come to commandeer one." One of Norrington's men spoke up. Why would Jack tell them that?

The guards handed over a pile of Jack's things to Norrington.

"No additional shots nor powder, a compass that doesn't point north", Norrington said before taking out the cutlass, "and I half expected it to be made out of wood. You are without doubt the worst pirate I've heard of."

"But ye have heard of me." Jack said smirking. He looked around and saw the two girl now standing next to the Commodore. The lass with black hair caught his attention. Never had he been so interested in a woman who had hardly spoken any words to him. She was mysterious yet it was evident in the way she behaved that she was free.

Commodore Norrington suddenly grabbed Jack and started pulling him towards Gilette who was waiting with the irons in his hand.

"Norrington wait!" Kat yelled out approaching him.

Norrington stopped what he was doing and swiftly caught Kat's wrist in a tight grip. "Commodore Norrington now, Kat." He glared at her than released her wrist.

"Okay then Commodore," Kat snarled out while glaring at him. "Are you really going to hurt the pirate after he saved Elizabeth? Something your two guards couldn't do."

"Yes Commodore I really must protest pirate or not this man saved my life." Elizabeth said standing in front of Jack along with Kat.

"One good deed does not redeem a man from a life time of wickedness", the Commodore said to Elizabeth.

"Though it seems enough to condemn him", Jack said from behind the two girls.

"Indeed", Commodore Norrington said to the pirate.

"Finally", Jack mumbled as Gillette stepped away from him, he threw the chain between the irons over Kat's neck.

"No... Don't shoot", Elizabeth gasped as the Marines started to point their guns at Jack. Elizabeth look towards her father sharply as he have the final orders to put their guns down.

Kat gasped violently at the feeling of being pressed up against a pirates chest.

"I knew you would warm up to me", Jack said as he slowly walked backwards, "Commodore Norrington my affects please... and my hat."

Jack intended to grab Elizabeth and threaten her life but he couldn't help himself. Kat was so intoxicating and mysterious. He quite honestly just wanted to put her in a compromising position where he could just hold her against him.

The Commodore was very reluctant to give him what he wanted. Despite what it seemed like he did eventually give in to the pirates command because somewhere deep inside of him he did care for Kat. He couldn't imagine a place without her there as much as he tried to.

Commodore Norrington turned around and grabbed the pirates affects out of the guards hands, while Jack said to Kat, "Kat... It's Kat, isn't it?"

"Ms. Williams to you." Kat answered angrily. She had gone through the trouble of trying to save Jack only for him to threaten her life.

"Miss Williams, if you would be so kind", Jack said, "Come, come, we don't have the whole day"

As soon as the Commodore gave the affects to Kat, Jack grabbed his pistol and pointed it against her head while turning her around, "Now, if you would be very kind."

Kat placed the hat on Jack's head, after that she moved closer to him, trying to get his belt on which his sword dangled around him, Jack smiled evilly to the Commodore and the Governor.
He quite liked this turn of events. With a woman as beautiful as Kat draped around him he could really get used to this. The anger in everyone's eyes only made it that much more rewarding for him.

"Easy on the goods, darling", he said as she strapped his belt tightly.

"You're despicable", she said, but Jack just shrugged.

"Sticks and stones love. I saved your friends life, now you save mine; we're square", Jack said, after which he turned her around, still keeping his gun pointed at Kat's head.

Gentlemen... Elizabeth, Kat," He gave a small caress on her cheek as he spoke her name.
"You will always this day as the day you almost caught Captain... Jack... Sparrow", at this Jack, pushed Kat forwards, who was caught by Elizabeth and the Commodore. At the same time, Jack turned around, grabbed a rope and went up into the air as a cannon fell down on the dock.

"Now will you shoot him", the Governor asked Commodore Norrington.

"Open fire", Commodore Norrington shouted, and the Marines opened fire at the flying pirate. Jack landed on a beam in the air, swung his shackles over another rope and slide down over the dock, using the speed he had gained to run while the Marines shot at him.

"Kat are you alright?" Elizabeth asked her best friend. Kat faced Elizabeth but still felt James' hands on her arms.

"Yes I'm fine. Thank you for not shooting me Commodore." Kat said as she stepped away from his grip.

"Did you really think I would shoot you?" Norrington looked at her seriously.

"I knew you'd definitely think about it. No hard feelings James I would've done the same if you were in my place and I was in yours." Kat smirked and walked back to the mansion with Elizabeth. James stood there smiling. That girl was certainly something else. As much as she annoyed him, he really couldn't think of another person he'd ever met like her. She was special.