Second Chance (Part 3)

Ryo's POV

I stared at the boy in front of me, the one that was not too long ago was a cold and lifeless corpse. My eyes begin to sting as I stare at his face, which was once more a normal human and lively colour.

"Akira..." I say in awe of the miracle that stood before me.

"Hey Ryo" He says casually while patting me on the head.

Akira walks past me and goes to sit on the couch.

Does he not remember anything what happened?

"Akira... Do you not remember what happened? I ask in confusion.

"What do you mean? You haven't talked to me in days, but apart from that nothing much has happened" He says while giving me a confused look.

What does he mean we haven't talked in days? Not so long ago he was dead in my arms! How can he not remember?! This is so confusing!

I go to sit with him, I sit on the other end of the couch... away from Akira. I'm afraid to touch him. As if this was all a hallucination. As if I touch him, this whole reality would shatter and I'd be alone again. Akira sighs loudly.

"Ryo would you just say something already?!" Akira's frustrated voice snaps me out of thought.

Does he remember? Is he mad? I wish he'd just scream and shout at me! Punch me, kick me, tear me to shreds!

"Look at me Ryo" He says a lot more softly this time.

I slowly bring myself to look him in the eye. Akira's face shows confusion as he shuffles so that he's sitting next to me. He gently touches my face and wipes something off of me. I only then realise that i'm crying. I immediately try to stop it but I only manage to make it worse. The tears fall faster and I lose control of my breathing.

"Ryo... tell me what's wrong... please". I ignore his request and grab his larger hand and nuzzle my face into it while continuing to sob uncontrollably, never wanting to let him go.

Akira giggles slightly like the adorable dork he is and moves closer while wrapping his muscular arm around me. The hand which I was holding pushes my face into his chest and I instinctively wrap my arms around his torso as he holds me tightly. I can feel all my fear and anxiety wash away and my pitiful crying stops.

"Better now?" Akira asks with a massive grin plastered on his face. I nod.

"Thank you... Akira" I whisper as I begin to fall asleep in Akira's embrace.

"Ryo... " I barely hear Akira say "I love you... "

"I love you too Akira" I manage to say as Akira's arms tighten around me.

I feel a light kiss on my head. My smile grows until my cheeks hurt.

Thank you God... For this second chance...

A/N

FINISHED!

Chapter 3 out of 3!

All requests are appreciated because I have no imagination.

Special thanks to @TrashStore1789 for helping me write this!

Thanks for reading!

Your Local Trash Buddy,

Ruby~