"What do you think my title will be?" Syn finally asked, meeting his gaze. That was something that had been eating at her ever since the ceremony had been announced more than a fortnight ago. Her mother was the Goddess of Wisdom, her father the God of Strategy. Syn feared that she would not live up to the expectations and titles that had persisted in her house.

Loki's lips parted, presumably to answer her question, but she cut him off. "Wait, I have one." The prince raised a dark brow in question. "Syn, the goddess of being able to see through Loki's bullshit."

They both grinned. Loki chuckled and leaned forward to take the comb from her hand, "I was thinking more along the lines of fidelity or veracity," he admitted, "but I do enjoy that title." The comb caught the strands of silver hair that hung before her face and held them back behind her ear. It was a delicate piece that matched her gentle nature.

The gentle, almost intimate moment quickly faded when he pulled away her heavy blanket. It was the push she needed to begin preparing for the night's celebrations. "It would not be fitting for you to be late." He noted and as if by cue her two chambermaids entered, quick to shoo away the rogue prince.

Others were dancing happily. Thor had Amora and Lorelei upon each arm. The two sorceresses were beaming, delighted to be in the company of the elder prince. Her parents were dancing as well. Syn looked around with that nagging feeling in her gut. Loki slipped in front of her and quickly took hold of her hands, leading her in slow-paced dance.

He frowned upon seeing how stiff her back and shoulders were, like trying to dance with a tree that was still rooted in place. "You're too tense," he commented, but the words didn't register. "It will all be okay." Still, there was a far-off look in her eyes that told him her focus was worlds away.

"You look stunning tonight," he breathed, pleased to see that she wore his gift and it matched the blush color of her gown. Warmth suddenly flooded into Syn's cheeks as she came back to her surroundings. "What?" she questioned, oddly breathless.

Loki rolled his eyes, stifling his laugh. "You know how I hate to repeat things." Syn looked up at him expectantly and raised her brow. "I said you look stunning tonight."

This time the color and warmth upon her cheeks was not from her own chagrin. Her lips parted and soft, "oh," left them. Loki though smiled and glanced around to see that many had begun returning to their seats as Odin had taken his place upon the throne.

Vili tapped her shoulder. The God of Strategy smiled down at his daughter but gave a pointed glance toward Loki. Syn didn't think she had ever seen him blush. "It's time," her father whispered, guiding her through the tables and people to where her mother awaited before Odin and Frigga.

Syn knelt between her parents before Odin's golden throne. With the tip of his scepter upon the crown of her head, the Allfather could see each of her qualities. Two, however, stood out among all others and would be fitting given her heritage. Odin lifted Gungnir and bade her rise. "I present to Asgard...," she drew in a heavy breath and squeezed her eyes shut, "...Syn the Goddess of Truth and Creed, Daughter of Vili and Vör."

The palace hall had broken out in applause and both Vili and Vör embraced their daughter, now a woman. Over her mother's shoulder though, she met the eyes of a trickster who wore a sincere smile that shared in her joy and relief.

She knelt at the sacred stone and ran her fingers over it in a crisscrossing motion. Massive stone doors engraved with the old runes and World's Tree cracked open. Some of the people turned, obviously startled and fearing the worst. It was not the Goddess of Death they were met with, but a minuscule figure who revealed herself to be Syn.

"Heimdall!" she called and the Watcher turned.

"Syn," he pulled her into his arms and his stern expression faded into one of relief and gladness. "I thought you were dead." All those who had escaped feared the same, for not even Heimdall, could see her.

They parted and Syn glanced up at the Watcher with a sly smile. "Not yet," there was a type of ill-humor in her voice that reminded him of Loki, "but I may be soon." She looked around at the people that had gathered in the mountain stronghold and felt relieved to know that for now, at least, they were safe. It would not last long though.

In truth, it would not last for the rest of the day. Syn could feel the impending danger in her gut again. "You need to get these people to the Bifrost, it's the only chance we have to escape. She's coming."

Something in her eyes told the Watcher that she would not remain with them during the flight. She would have to maintain her position on the inside if Hela had not already learned of her betrayal. Heimdall laid his hand on her shoulder. "What will you do?" He questioned.

She smirked. The wife of Loki, indeed. "Hopefully something dramatic."