four

Staring into Lalisa Manoban's eyes, you could see simple yet beautiful galaxies swirling. The brown reminded of a sweet Autumn day, with birds happily chirping in the sky, and no worries weighing down the soul. Staring into Lisa's eyes was soothing; it was calming, and it made feel like coming home. It was warmth in this otherwise cold world, and there was nothing better than it. Nothing.

But the one staring into Lisa's eyes at the moment was herself.

With a sigh, the orange-haired girl pulled back, after correcting her eye-liner with a steady hand. Satisfied with the result, she put down the pencil and grabbed for her favourite lipstick. She applied it deftly and smacked her lips, checking in the mirror for any excess leftovers.

Finally having completed her look, she allowed her eyes to wander to the sight behind her, the mirror reflecting a sprawled out Kim Jisoo on her bed, busy on her cellphone, and an just as sprawled out Rosé watching tv right beside Jisoo.

"What do you think?" Lisa finally asked the two out-of-the-world dorks, and both eyes flitted to hers immediately. Jisoo confused, Rosé proud.

"I'm thinking I still don't understand why you're going on this date," Jisoo said immediately, even though she perfectly knew Lisa wasn't asking her opinion about her date. "What was the girl's name again?"

Lisa openly rolled her eyes and turned away from Jisoo, opting to turn to her closet to finalize her outfit, sighing with relief when she heard Rosé come to her defense.

"She's going on that date with Momo," Rosé reminded Jisoo for the millionth time. "And you wouldn't be complaining if you saw her. She's hot."

Lisa hummed in agreement.

"Yeah... But I bet you that Jennie is hotter." Jisoo piped up again, and at this Lisa turned around.

"Jennie isn't interested in me whatsoever, so would you please drop it?"

"How do you know?"

"Well, she didn't react to Lisa's cute ass speech, did she?!"

Lisa was truly grateful for Rosé in that moment, and her heart swelled with love for her friend. For Jisoo, she wasn't that grateful, because she just couldn't let go.

"Yeah, but did Lisa tell her that she actually meant it?"

The orange-haired girl grumpily took out the black dress she had chosen for herself and disappeared into her bathroom, all the while ignoring her friends' bickering in the other room.

When she came out not ten minutes later, the voices in the room grew quiet, and it caused a smug smirk to appear on Lisa's face. If her friends reacted like that, surely her date would too.

Jisoo whistled lowly under her breath.

"Damn, Lalisa," Was all she could say. "If I weren't as straight as a pole, I'd have you for myself."

Rosé hummed in agreement next to her, but quickly lost interest and regained her focus on the tv.

Just as Lisa went to pick up her purse, her phone went off, and as her eyes were on the screen, she didn't see Jisoo's smug smirk appear at the sound of the ringtone.

[From Jennie]: Hey Lisa, I kind of need your help

Of course. Was this a fucking fairy tale or something? That one time she decided to leave Jennie for what she was - uninterested - and go on a date with someone that asked her out, she'd get a text. Never mind that she hadn't heard from the cat-eyed girl since that night at the bar. Lisa had deemed it hopeless.