Flowers

Apologies for the delay. Life's been a wreck.

Enjoy!

~~~~~

A few weeks passed since you recovered from your sickness. You and your travel partners, Wander and Sylvia, had been doing your usual routines - exploring planets, dealing with Lord Hater and other villains' shenanigans, and helping folks out. Though through most of it, you were preoccupied with your feelings for a certain Commander.

"(Name), you'll have to tell him eventually," the softer of your two friends said. You were in a bubble, wandering about the stars as usual.

You sighed. "I know, I know. But...I'm not exactly the spitting image of confidence..."

Sylvia rolled her eyes. This again...

"And...what if he doesn't like me back? We have to remember he's our enemy, not the type of person who would just accept these things and be open about them."

"An enemy is just a friend you haven't made yet!" Wander responded. "Soon enough you'll get him to open up! That's how me n' Sylvia became friends!"

You smiled sadly. Sylvia looked back at you to make a sassy comment, but stopped herself when she saw your expression.

"Don't worry buddy, if anyone can help you in this situation, it's Wander. He has a way with this sort of stuff," she scratched the back of her comb sheepishly. "And if that optic nerd hurts a single hair on your head, I'll knock him into the nearest sun!"

Your sad smile turned into a warm and grateful one. You couldn't ask for better friends. 

"Oh, thanks you two!" you pulled them in for a group hug and savored the moment. Their warmth radiated through you - and a newfound sense of confidence was born.

"Hey - speak of the devil -" Sylvia pulled away from the hug and got into a defensive stance.

The skull ship was imposing over a nearby planet. Your heart skipped a beat when you noticed it.

"M-maybe we shouldn't -"

"C'mon!! What're we waiting for! This is the perfect opportunity to tell Peeps how you feel, (name)!" Wander grabbed your hand and pulled you toward the mess.

"Wander, we should deal with this first - they're obviously not ready," Sylvia stepped in and gestured at your expression.

You swallowed your fear down and put on a determined expression. "No, it's fine Sylvia. Let's go."

Wander squeaked excitedly. Sylvia looked completely shocked at your response.

"But I can't promise that I'll tell him today. It could be a while..."

"I understand - take all the time you need!" Wander cheered. "This can just be an opportunity for you two to get to know each other a lil' better too~"

You blushed at the thought, feeling those familiar butterflies flit through your guts. And so, the three of you set off to save the planet...or so you thought...

-----

Your feet were met with soft grass when you made it to the planet. Trees towered into the atmosphere, their soft leaves and flowers falling to the ground, branches swaying as a gentle breeze blew by. It seemed...peaceful. Too peaceful.

"Huh, wasn't the skull ship looming over this place? Why don't I hear any screams of terror?" Sylvia remarked.

"Wow...this planet is really nice," you walked up to a bush covered in blooming flowers and gently picked a few up in your hands, entranced by the natural beauty.