My Princess - Niall Horan (One Shot-clean)

~Warning: Grab a box of tissues. I cried my heart out while writing this, I hope you like it. And some feed back would be great! Love you all!~

*Written in Niall’s POV*

We were eating our delicious dinner. Our special anniversary dinner that I myself had prepared, which is saying something because I do not cook. Today would be our 3 year anniversary.

I pondered her face as she was picking at the chicken fillet, she seemed concentrated. Her fork punctured the food as her knife diligently went to work cutting. Suddenly, I flinched as her eyes went wide, looking up from her plate to catch my gaze. She sat, frozen.

“What is it, princess?” concerned flooded my tone.

I watched as her body winced, then her mouth fell open with a gasp. “I think my water just broke.” she said calmly.

The biggest smile plastered my face, “Are you sure?”

“Yes I’m sure!” she yelled, her mood changing quickly. “Get the diaper bag and let’s go!”

I shot up, leaving the mess on the table for later. Running to the back room, I grabbed the bag. But something caught my eye. I halted my body, and stared at the picture encased by the chrome frame. There it was, her and I on our first date. Damn, she was beautiful. Everything about her. I loved her personality over all, though her body wasn’t a burden either. She stood just an inch shorter than me, not the skinniest thing in the world. But I loved her curves, super skinny girls were never my type. Not at all.

My day dream was interrupted by her ear crunching scream, “NIALL!!! NOW!!!! LET’S GO!!!”

~*~

We arrived at the hospital only minutes later, at 6:42. My body was trembling as I followed the wheel chair down the hall and into the lift. Shaking, I put my hand down to grasp hers, she seemed calm like everything was okay. I felt totally different. This was her first child, our first child.

We waded slowly down the corridor before stopping in front of a door. Room 143. As the nurse opened the door as rushed in, I pursued. To my surprise, I was kicked out, told that I would be aloud back in, in a few moment.

“No, please!” I cried out, “This is our first ch-” I was cut off as the door was rudely slammed in my face.

Stepping aside, I let out a very loud sigh, throwing my head into the wall. I waited for minutes on end, time ticking painfully slow. Not once, did I leave that spot, never nearing the waiting room like I was told multiple time. Finally after an entire hour, I was aloud into the room.

My heart broke upon almost tripping into the room. The lights were dimmed, and the brown walls enclosed. It was a big room, full of machines, gadgets, and cleaning supplies. I saw her laying on the bed, feet up on the rests. She had all sorts of machines hooked up to her, wires intertwining beneath her gown. IV’s were pricked into the top of her hand, and also the fold of her arm. I wasn’t sure if this was normal for a birth, but I questioned anyways.

I sauntered forward, as I tried to interrupt the doctor, “Umm, is everything alright?”

He stopped his jumble of words to face me, his expression didn’t hold very enthusiastic as the words fell from his mouth, “Well, Mr. Horan, there’s good news and bad news.”

He stood up, removing his gloves as he hesitantly wandered my way. “Good news, the baby is doing perfectly fine, steady heart beat, breached and everything. The bad news is that…” his tone suddenly dropped as his voice grew weary, “Your wife, though…”