Chapter 20

"Your so selfish"

"Me? Selfish? Ha" he chuckled, bringing the gun closer to me head.

Just as Luke was tempting to pull the trigger, the front door swings open and breaks the glass on the window.

"Drop the gun." Calum's face comes into view and a shorter person peeps out from behind his back causing Luke to drop the gun and turn to her.

Who was she? Ex-girlfriend? Friend? Mom? Aunt? Cousin? Whoever she is...she stopped him from killing me.

"L-Lea." He hesitated

"Luke?" Tears streamed from her eyes faster than rain.

"Why didn't you shoot yet?" Frank moves into the room from the living room.

"Ahhhh. We have guests huh?" He continued.

"Yeah. My sister and Calum." He finally spoke.

I never knew Luke had a sister. It's funny how he cheats but now he's hiding things? I don't take it as a big deal. But shit dude.

"Don't do this Luke." Calum broke the silence.

"What the fuck do you know? And why does it matter?" Him and Calum rise up chest to chest.

"I know that she doesn't love you for one thing."

"She loves me bitch."

"Bitch? Funny."

"Excuse me?" Luke shoved Calum.

"It's funny how you can't come up with a true fact so you add bitch to make it seem offensive."

"Whatever man. She just can't keep her eyes off you to see her love for me."

"Because I'm actually there for her and won't treat her like shit. What about you man? You cheated on her in y'all's bed"

"You wanna keep going Hood?" Luke picked up the guy and pointed it to Calum's chest.

"That doesn't scare me." Calum walked closer to the gun making sure it touched his muscular chest.

"I'm not afraid to shoot you Calum."

"I know your not. But I know you won't infront of Lea."

Luke's eyes set on Lea in guilt and sorrow. They almost whispered the words I'm sorry. Lea cowered down in the corner.

"Lea I'm sorry." The words left his lips in pain. Lea started to cry harder.

"Don't do this Luke. Just let her go." Calum placed his hand on Luke's back.

Luke moved from under Calum's touch and walked toward me. "You started this. Now my sister is hurt because you won't love me."

"That's not why she's hurt!"

"She's hurt because your hurting people." Calum butted in.

"Shut up Calum." Luke warned

"Or nah. You see Luke, your hurting everyone for love from someone who refuses to love."

"Calum shut up, you know nothing." Luke's getting angrier

"You should've thrown Bethany out. Yes? But what did you do? You fucked her in a bedroom you and Carter shared together. Then, instead of giving Carter time, you tried forcing her to love you making things worse."

"Not true."

"Oh, but it is. And you know who your thinking about the whole time? Yourself." Calum kicked the gun in Luke's hand causing him to fire upwards, making everyone find shelter and giving Calum time to hide with me alongside him.

"Calum! You dick!" Luke shouted

I whisper in Calum's ear. "Thank you for coming."

"That's what friends are for." He whispered back.

"He killed Ashton....and Natalie." I added

Calum gave me a shocked face but never let words escape from his mouth. "Shhhh." He covered my mouth, sneaking me behind the staircase.

"Why did you bring Lea? What if she's in danger?"

"He wouldn't do anything with her there. She's his weakness. And he wouldn't hurt her."

"I guess your right. How did you find her?"

"You ask lots of questions." He slightly chuckled.

"I know." I smiled back and walked. Calum pulled me a small space inbetween the stairs enough to hide us for a while.

"Promise me something." He grabbed my hand.

"What?" I squeezed his hand tight

"Promise me, if he finds us and I cause a distraction you will run."

"What if he shoots you?"

"Run." He demanded and I shook me head.

I knew I promised him to run but it would be hard to watch another one of my bestfriends die along with the rest when this is all my fault.

"No."

"What?" He looked at me confused.

"No I can't run."

"Why not?"

"I can't leave you behind."

"I'll be fine."

"No Calum."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Give me one got damn reason why?"

"Because I love you." The words flowed out of my mouth like held in stress that felt good to let go.

"You do?" He shared a big smile.

"Yes." I blushed and covered my face from anymore embarrassment.

He uncovered my hands and stared deep into my eyes. "I love you too Carter."

"Carter? Calum?" A soft voice crawled towards us.

"Lea?" We questioned and she came into sight with watery eyes and a red nose.

"Are you okay?" Calum asked

"Yes." She answered then stood up.

"What are you doing? He will find us?" I whispered.

"That's the point." Her voice went from sad to firm and mean.

"What?" Calum coughed

"They are right here." Lea crossed her arms standing infront of us with no room to escape. And suddenly right beside her stands her brother with a two guns in both hands and a smirk plastered across his face.

{ A.N. (: wanted to shake things up a little. Sorry.

Read. Subscribe. Vote <3

Instagram: Kaylahnikolee

Vine: Kaylahnikolee

Twitter: Kaylahnikolee}