I Never Should Have Left You- Chapter 5: Extra Support

I feel like I update this very quickly... Oh well, it's fun!

Onwards! We shall venture to Chapter 5!

I Never Should Have Left You- Chapter 5: Extra Support

3 Days Later...

"So, your new friend Maddie is gonna be here today?"

Ash nodded, before smiling at Bonnie. "Yeah. Her whole family is gonna be here, they all have a different Eeveelution. Maddie's is Flareon. It's super strong, I've battled it before. Flareon very nearly beat Pikachu!"

Clemont gasped. "Wow, it's really that strong!"

Ash nodded, chuckling at his friend's astonishment. "She should be here soon."

As if on cue, Nurse Joy opened the door, revealing Maddie and Flareon. Flareon barked excitedly and ran forward to Ash, nuzzling his hand. Ash laughed, "nice to see you again, Flareon. You too, Maddie."

Maddie laughed and walked over to Ash. Bonnie laughed excitedly, and began petting Flareon. "Oh wow, you're the cutest!"

Flareon looked slightly surprised, but when Pikachu gave him a reassuring glance, he nuzzled Bonnie happily. "Flareon!"

"Hey, Maddie?" asked Ash. Maddie looked round inquiringly. "I've been meaning to ask. Do you have any other Pokémon? Besides Flareon, I mean?"

"Yeah!" exclaimed Maddie excitedly. "I want to be a Gym Leader when I'm older, a fire type Gym Leader! I'm nearly there as well!"

With that, Maddie pulled out five Pokeballs, and threw them in the air. "Alright, everyone, come on out!"

Maddie's pokeballs revealed five different fire types. Standing next to Flareon, there now was an Emboar, a Litleo, a Ninetails, a Rapidash and finally a Darmanitan. They all acknowledged Maddie with happiness, before looking around at their new surroundings. Emboar came forward. "Emboar?"

Maddie grinned at her Pokémon, before turning to Ash. "Ash, meet Emboar, Darmanitan, Ninetails, Rapidash and Litleo. After my dad gave me Eevee, we set out on a journey. I always knew I wanted Eevee to become a Flareon, because I love fire types! So, we eventually found a fire stone, so Eevee could evolve! But before that, we made some friends along the road! Litleo is quite new to the team, but we're good."

"I can see!" laughed Ash. "They look like they all really trust you."

Maddie smiled, gently stroking her Rapidash. Her eyes fell on Serena, still asleep on the hospital bed. Her face fell slightly. "So, is this the girl you were telling me about. Serena, right?"

Bonnie nodded, her attention drawn away from Maddie's Pokémon. "Yeah. Serena's a Pokémon Performer, and she had an accident in her routine. I don't even know how it happened, that combo has never failed before."

Braixen and Pancham looked at the floor. "Pancham..."

"Hey, what'd I tell you last night, Pancham?" said Ash, firmly. "This wasn't your fault. I don't think it was, and neither does Braixen, or Sylveon, or Bonnie, or Clemont, or anyone!"

Pancham looked up at everyone, and felt one of Sylveon's feelers gently slide around him. "Pancham, cham!"

"Veon!"

"Braixen, brai!"

Clemont stepped forward, and held out his hand to Maddie. "Hi. I'm Clemont, it's nice to meet you. Your fire types truly are something."

Maddie grinned. "Thanks!"

Not wanting to be forgotten, Bonnie waved at the purple-haired girl. "Hi! I'm Bonnie, and this is Dedenne! I get to take care of it, until I become a trainer!"

Maddie laughed at Bonnie's excitement. "Well, when you do, be sure to challenge my Gym, okay?"

Bonnie nodded, her eyes sparkling. "So, are you gonna be a fire type Gym Leader? That's so cool! My brother is the Lumiose Gym Leader, it's an electric type Gym! Electric types are my favourite, but fire types are so awesome!"

Maddie chuckled, and then looked at Clemont with interest. "Are you really the Lumiose Gym Leader? That's amazing! Is it hard?"

Clemont laughed. "Kinda. It's a lot of fun though."

Maddie nodded, and grinned.

Just then, a doctor with green eyes, and long blue hair came through the door. She looked surprised at the many people and Pokémon in the hospital room, but soon smiled at them. "Sorry, but Maractus and I need to run a few tests. I'm going to have ask you to leave the room for a moment. By the way, I'm Doctor Ray, but you can call me Talia."

"Maractus!"

Ash nodded. "Okay. Thank you. Come on, guys."

Maddie, Clemont, Bonnie and their Pokémon followed him out. Grace had left a while ago, saying she had to get back to Ryhorn and Fletchling. Ash looked anxiously through the window at Serena. "Please be alright..."

"You like her, don't you?"

Ash started, and whipped round. Maddie was standing next to him, grinning broadly. Ash looked at her confusedly. "Like her? Of course I do! She's one of my best friends!"

Maddie shook her head, her amber eyes sparkling mischievously. "You know what I mean. Come on. Tell me."

Ash looked at his friend with confusion, then realization. "I... I mean..."

Maddie shook her head. "You don't have to answer now. But, I expect an answer soon."

With that, Maddie walked over to Bonnie, and began introducing her to the rest of the Pokémon. Ash watched her for a while, before turning to look at Serena again, Maddie's question playing over and over in his head.

Thanks for reading! I wasn't sure what to do with Maddie, but now I have an idea! You'll find out soon...

Peace out, girl scouts

-GalacticSpace13