twenty one

*Zayn's POV*

"How long have you known Liam?" I asked Harry, he seemed to be the only one who wanted to willingly talk to me; Liam yet refused have a normal, not-redace-included conversation with me and Louis still gifted me with his murderous glare with every syllable he spoke so I decided to stick with Harry. 

"Long enough" Harry replied. His stare shortly shifted across the room towards Liam. And I felt a numbing feeling with the way Harry was watching Liam. It was weird. Harry wore a mirrored expression of mine - a expression I only wore when looking at Liam. 

But it was only my imagination playing with me. 

Because there was no reasonable reason as to why Harry would be looking at Liam like that. 

"Have you and Niall made any progress yet?" I spoke out, switching the topic away from Liam as best as I could. Maybe, that's what I needed. A change of topic. This constant trying to find the other Redace was doing no good to me; because not only was it making me suspect nearly everyone who came within ten metres close to Liam but it was also causing me to feel extremely helpless. 

This is where I am supposed to help Liam and along with that prove that I am not just RedAce. 

"What progress?" Harry asked, he fixed his eyes on me, frowning slightly. 

"Have you asked him out yet?" I asked, rolling my eyes in slight annoyance. This time Harry's eyes shifted across the room to Niall and a tiny smile (that disappeared too soon) tugged at his lips, seconds later replaced by a puzzled, pained look that I couldn't just figure out. 

"Why would I do that?" Harry simply questioned. 

I didn't know where that question came from so I had no idea how to answer it, so I simply shrugged before focusing back on Liam. He was laughing for a change. That thought pained me as much as it made me happy. Liam's laugh wasn't constant anymore because I had been the one to stop in the first place and I am certain that I will never be able to make Liam like that. 

Harry noticed my stare on Liam because he coughed slightly, breaking me out of it. 

"I think it's for the best, Liam and you not being together anymore, I mean" He announced, gesturing between the Liam and I. It definitely wasn't. I needed Liam and although, right now getting Liam to be safe and redace-free was my number one priority, It didn't mean that I was done with Liam. I was going to get him back, whatever it took. 

 I twirled around the glass in my hands. I didn't know what to do anymore. I guess with so much going on all at once, I just didn't know what to do. 

***

06:05

14:34

02:54

06:43

Times; for what? what did they mean? and most of all why did Harry have them noted down on his phone. 

There was a short knock at my door before it was pushed open and I glanced up to see Liam step in quietly. I offered him a short smile that most probably went ignored by him before I returned to the screen of phone, focusing back on the taken screen shot from Harry's phone. 

"I saw you" Liam stated simply as he leaned back against the wall, his eyes narrowed yet curious. 

"huh?"

"What were you doing with Harry's phone?" 

I froze, putting my phone aside and looking up to meet Liam's eyes. He was glaring at me, which didn't surprised me. Harry was one of Liam's closet friends and even I would be furious if my ex boyfriend started suspecting one of my best friends. 

Liam had every right to be angry

But, I had every right to be curious - especially after what I just came across. 

"It's nothing" I answered Liam

"It's not nothing. I told you before, get off Louis and Harry's back. I can guarantee you that they have absolutely nothing to do with it. So for fuck's sake, leave them alone. Do you even know how hurt Harry would be if he found out what you did. You fucking checked through his phone. I can't. Why would you?"

"I am sorry, okay? I'm just had to make sure" 

"Did you then? Tell me Zayn, what did you find?"

I froze once more, my gaze shifting back and forth from Liam. Should I tell him? The times could have nothing related to Liam or RedAce and I could just be over reacting but on the other hand they could?

"Nothing. I found nothing" I lied 

Liam stared at me for a whole minute as if deciding wether that was the truth or not; I knew Liam could tell through my lie, he always could but I didn't think I could tell him the truth about this, even if it was nothing. I needed to gather more evidence before I could think anymore over Harry and RedAce. 

"Exactly. You found nothing" Liam concluded. 

And I really hoped I found nothing. 

[yeah so hope that was okay. got a bit distracted half way through. I started watching Game of Thrones, so all you GoT fans, feel free to come and talk to me ;) sorry for any errors/typos. ]

FOLLOW

SHARE

COMMENT

VOTE

x