Chapter 12

Pearl's P.O.V

I'm really late for my monthlies. It's been two months since I had my last one and...still nothing. Come to think of it, I've been eating quite a bit and being sick quite a bit. I think I might be...pregnant! The father would have to be Sirius, we've been very busy that way lately. I think I'm going to Lily and see what she thinks, then I'll see what she thinks.

Lily's P.O.V

Pearl told me that she's really late and thinks she's pregnant for Sirius. I suggested she use the pregnancy test my mom sent me (I dunno why, she just thought me and James might have done something). Once she had, she looked at me, her face as white as snow with shock. Possessive.

"You have to tell Sirius," I said.

"I don't think I should," she replied. "He'll just worry."

"Well, at least tell your parents," I answered.

"Definitely not!" she said. "My dad's half muggle, my grandad being the muggle, and he hates magical folk. He divorced my nan as soon as she told him she had magic. If I told my parents, they'd tell him too."

"Just tell Sirius," I exclaimed. "Do it for the baby."

She bit her lip and nodded.

"It's too late now," she said. "I'll tell him tomorrow."

Sirius' P.O.V

This morning in the Great Hall, Pearl and Lily walked up to me, Pearl looked really nervous.

"Pearl has to tell you something," explained Lily.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I-I-" she mumbled. "I'm-pregnant."

I stared at her, my expression shocked and confused.

"W-what?" I questioned.

"I'm pregnant."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Wow. I'm gonna be father."

I stood up and kissed her.

"Take my seat," I smiled. "You're pregnant, I'm not."

She beamed and sat down. I sat next to her and put my arm round her shoulder and whispered in her ear: "I'm so proud of you."

The others came and sat down.

"Excellent news!" I smiled.

"What?" Prongs and Moony inquired.

"Pearl's gonna have a baby," I replied.

"That's great news!" smiled Prongs.