Creaakk...

"..What the..I swore I heard a ringtone here.." The man growled as he saw nothing but sponges and cleaning materials inside the small cabinet. Actually, you are inside the small cabinet filled with said materials but there's a border there. You're inside-inside the small cabinet.

You dared not to make a sound, not even the slightest exhale dared to escape your lips as you were still not safe from suspicion. You shakily and quietly turned your phone to airplane mode, so that any calls or messages won't reach you anymore, afraid that your cover will be fully blown. Your heart was racing as if it was about to burst outside your ribs, you feared that they would hear your heartbeat.

"Damn, where did that sound come from?" The man was still outside the cabinet's door, and was just about inches far from it. Your hiding place was on the top cabinet, so that if you have to escape, it would be easier. You know the escape routes as this kitchen cabinet was near the back door. The back door lead to your backyard and was protected by a slightly high cemented wall, like a fence. If they didn't do anything there, then surely there's a closed trash bin where you can use as lever and jump off the wall, but...how can you get out is the main question. You don't dare to use Yuki as a bait, the cat is too precious to you and you don't want to lose her too, she was your only family now.

"Eh, double check the cabinet, you know the husband of (M/n), he's quite a smarty pants. Who knows he made a secret hide out?" You aunt suggested quite observantly as she twirled a lock of her hair around her index finger as she relaxed on the couch while she looked suspiciously on the cabinet.

"He's smart, but he can't possibly do that now, can he?" The man doubted his wife, his brows knitted in irritation at his wife's suggestion.

"Then where do you suppose did the soft ringtone come from when it's just supposedly only the two of us here? Don't tell me it's just our imaginations because I swear that I heard it too." The adult argued with a scowl on her face, her heels impatiently tapping on the wooden floor.

Both adults had a sharp staring contest for a moment until the man sighed in defeat, silently admitting that he'll follow your aunt's suggestion. "Tsk, fine..." The man lowly growled as he roughly ran a hand through his brown hair, showing annoyance from their petty debate. "Let's bet on this one, if there is some sort of hidden space or hideout in that cabinet, I'll buy you a new ring. But if there isn't, you gotta give me the 'goods'." The man flirted with his wife, lacing lust. You swore you could have made a witty remark about it but you knew you were in no position to do so.

"Oh my..~" The woman grinned, liking the terms of that was being bet on. "That can do, honey. I like this deal." The woman's grin grew wider as a tingle ran down her spine, excited.

'Gross...' You thought at the back of your head before remembering that your uncle was about to double check the cabinet...

Three...

Your thoughts rambled for a quick escape way for you to take action. You looked around, your eyes were all over the place, it was quite dark as there were no light inside the only source of light was the very small crack from your 'door'. There was nothing you could see as an option for your escape route.

Two...

Your breathing quickened that same goes to your heartbeat, you were losing your cool. You didn't know what to do. Cold beads of sweat trickled down your temple and your lips quivered in fear. Your mind was a mess, you simply wished that things didn't change. You wished your parents were back by your side. You want to be happy again. Tears slowly prickled at the corner of your eyes, was this your end? You were about to clench your fists when you unintentionally squeezed something...your empty bag. That's it. You can throw your bag at your uncle as soon as he figures out your secret door. That'll surely throw him off guard.

One...crack!

"Holy shit, there is a secret hide out..!" Your uncle managed to crack open the wooden door, and there, thankful to your small stature you bent yourself inwards as if you were curling up like ball. Your dominant hand bent as it rested on the wall as it will be your lever to push you out of the door while your other hand was ready to throw the empty bag on your uncle. It was a tough position but clearly you're desperate to make an escape.

'Here goes nothing..' You thought quickly before kicking the door with both of your feet, your dominant hand pushed you out of the small cabinet as expected of your quick thinking. The wooden board hit your uncle's face with great force to get him falling to the wooden tiles of the kitchen. You landed on your feet with a little stumble before you opened the bag's mouth and covered it to your uncle's face.

"You little brat-!" The woman immediately stood up from her seat, her heels clicking rapidly against the tiled floor from the living room, heading towards the kitchen. Sweat dripped from your temples as adrenaline rushed all over your body as you pulled out the first drawer near you which was coincidentally filled with cooking utensils. You grabbed a handful of tools and threw it to the woman. She was near to tripping but your cat was swift enough to pounce her down. As this happened, the uncle was already trying to remove the bag from his head but the zipper's teeth was stuck on his hair strands. Suddenly an ill thought slipped through your head...

Stab your uncle's hand with a knife...

The thought gave you goosebumps yet it intrigued your interests. You knew where the knives were located and so you pulled out the third drawer to your left and fished out a small but sharp peeling knife. The tip would surely pierce through his skin and so you grabbed the handle, got your tempo and stabbed the back of his left hand!

"HOLY FUCK!!!" The man cussed in great pain and anguish. He held his bloodied left hand, the said hand trembling from the blood gushing out of it. You immediately took your chance on kicking him on the nuts, resulting for him to hold on to his crotch. The knife still attached to the back of his hand was harshly moved, the tip cutting a nerve. "AGHH!!?" The man was entirely shocked by the unbearable pain on his dominant hand.

The woman finally recovered from her fall, her face painted red from rage. Her hands clenched into a tight fist as she approached you once more. This time you swiftly picked up your cat and bolted to the back door, you were lucky to be a fast runner from playing and practicing soccer. You decided to use one of the big recycling bin to block the door. You used your strength to push the bin in front of the door. You ran to the cemented wall and looked up to its height. You lifted Yuki up before heaving a heavy huff. Sweat trickled down your neck as you reached your hands to the top of the wall. You made sure you had a tight grip before lifting your whole body up. Once you've got the right momentum, you hooked your right leg and hoisted yourself up and sat on the wall, taking a short breather before the aunt and uncle managed to push right through the door, the bin falling to the green grass of the yard with a loud 'thud!'.

"Better run!" You remarked as you grabbed your cat and jumped off the wall, you landed on the rough cemented road on your knees, grazing them. You let out a hiss at the graze on your knees, it stung real bad from your rough landing but you immediately got up and started running before the adults could get you.

Your whole body felt like it was on fire like hell but you cared less, you continued running to wherever your legs carried you and your cat. Out of fear that you'll get caught, you immediately climbed over a random house you stopped by...

You landed on a soft grass, your (h/c) hair disheveled as if a strong wind came and whacked your hair. Your breathing was ragged and uneven, but you tried best to keep it steady. Out of nowhere, a ball was dropped and you swiftly turned your head to the direction to where you assumed you heard it...

"(L/n)?"

~*~*~*

(A/n):

Surprise! I am still alive--- I hope this meets your expectations as..."long chapter". Welp good luck guessing who the person is :)

I love you all and stay happy, my broskis!