↳ Chapter Eighteen

The lounge was the hangout spot for the teenagers at Riverdale High during the winter.

While waiting for class to begin Sweet Pea, Toni, Fangs and I hung out in the lounge, along with other crowds such as Reggie and the Bulldogs. It's only the second day and they've managed not to tear the other apart yet.

"You guys look like you just arrived from a 90's film," I tease, resting my head on Sweet Pea's shoulder, "But this turtleneck gots to go." I tug on Sweet Pea's piece of clothing, earning a mischievous smirk from him.

Sweet Pea leans down and whispers into my ear, "Why don't you take it off me?" Before leaving a trail of wet kisses on my neck.

I squirmed and let out a soft moan, "Stop, babe, we're at school."

"I know you like it, princess," Sweets then begins to leave love bites on my bare neck, "I could take you on right here, right now."

He was wrong, I love it. He knew what to say, and when. I felt the heat between my legs grow with each word that left his soft, plum lips. For god sakes, we were in the lounge, at school, with Toni and Fangs not even two feet away from us.

"Oh, hey, guys, what's up?" Jughead says, carefree, walking towards the vending machine.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and all eyes fell on the one and only Jughead Jones, who causally strolled in wearing his Serpent jacket after it had been banned.

"Take it off." Reggie demands as he stood from his seat. Everyone's attention was now focused on the two boys.

Of course, Reggie and the Bulldogs, weren't too pleased to see that Jughead was still wearing his jacket.

This was going to get ugly. I stood up from Sweet Pea's lap, allowing him to get up. Just on cue, Bethany and Cheryl walk in.

"Take off that jacket, Rat boy." Reggie snarls taking a couple steps towards Jughead, trying to keep distance between the two.

"Reggie, don't start," I huff in annoyance, this boy has his head too far up his ass.

"Stay out of it, Pierce," Cheryl commands, arms crossed against her chest. Bethany stood beside her silence, mimicking her actions.

"Why don't you," Toni hisses, stepping forward, pushing me behind.

Sweet Pea and Fangs are now near the boys while Toni and I stayed in place. Our direction flew to the two boys wearing leather jackets, one varsity and one serpent.

"Oh, Reggie. I don't think you know what this jacket means," Jughead stood in front of Reggie, "Because you have no sense of honor. Or history, or loyalty."

"That's it," Reggie grabs Jughead by the folds of his leather jacket forcefully trying to remove it, yet resulting in a rumble in the center of the lounge between the Serpents and Bulldogs.

Without hesitation, Sweet Pea and Fangs allied with Jughead while the Bulldogs allied with Reggie.
-
Moments have past, I was now sitting outside Principal Weatherbee's office while the others sat inside getting punished.

Jughead storms out of out Weatherbee's office. "Hey, Jug, are you okay? What happened back there," I call out jogging to catch up to him.

"Weatherbee has been disrespecting the serpents, targeting us," Jug snarls walking faster towards the exit.

"Jug, stop," I demanded trying to match his pace, I reach for his hand to pull him to a stop. He was now facing me, "What's going on Jug and tell me the truth."

"Southside High, we had a place. Yeah, it was crappy, but it was ours. We were able to wear our skins, do whatever we want, not be told what to do. This is idiotic, what's next, us being told what to wear," Jughead fumes with flaring nostrils.

"It is, but can you not wear your jacket for about what seven to eight hours? There's no other rivalry gang here, nothing you should worry about," I sigh running my hands through my hair in frustration.

"He told us to take off our skins. It's the third law, a serpent never sheds its skin!" Jughead shouts in defense.

By now both our voices have risen, "You're on campus, Jug! I think you can shed your skin for a couple of hours. If the others can do it, so can you!"

Jughead remained silent.

"Don't you miss attending school here? Don't you miss seeing Betty, Archie," I come to a pause, "I mean, I know you're not on the best terms with either of them, yet nows a chance to fix your relationship with them."

"Don't you get it, Elyse? Things won't ever be the same, Im now a serpent," Jughead snaps, his hands were resting on the doors handle. He stood there with his head hung low, "You out of all people should know that."

The cold mental doors open letting the cold winter air rush in before slamming shut, leaving me standing alone in the middle of an empty hall.

The three serpents walk out of Weatherbee's office in annoyance. I walk towards them and wrap my arms around Sweet Peas torso, "Are you guys okay?"

"We're okay, a week with of detention isn't so bad." Toni responds gripping the strap of her backpack.

"Could be worse," Fangs shrugs his shoulders. Neither of them seem to be effected or bothered by their punishment.

In response Sweets wrapped his arms around my shoulders and kissed my head, "We're going to be okay, princess. We're heading to the Whyte Wyrm, wanna join?"

Bethany appears from the end of the hall and embraces Reggie into a hug. Was she really waiting for that airhead of a jock? I felt my face turn sour at the thought of them together.

"Count me in."

"We don't want to get you in trouble, babe. We understand if you can't come," Toni reassures giving me a light squeeze on my shoulder.

"No it's okay, I mean whats the worst that can happen?"

A/N Hey loves, thank you so much for the 900+ votes and 27k+ views! I also enjoy reading your guys comments, I love each and every single one of you! I appreciate you all so much! I'm sorry this update is very short, but the next Chapter Nineteen will be up by tomorrow and it'll be a long chapter. Anyway, stay tuned.

P.S. Feel free to message me if y'all want to become friends (: