↳ Chapter Seventeen

Spoiler on Riverdale's 2x10 episode.
Some chapters will be based on episodes, yet won't be exact.

"This is nonsense. Mayor McCoy must be out of her mind thinking this is okay merging Southside High students with Riverdale High students without addressing this with their parents beforehand." My mothers grip on the wheel tightens as we drive down the neighborhood.

Bethany sat in the passenger seat applying her lipstick while I sat in the back. Smacking her lips together Bethany then spoke, "I agree mother, now all these thugs will now roam around the Northside putting everyone's life's in danger."

I roll my eyes at Bethany's choice of words, "Stop being so dramatic, I can see Cheryl and Reggie are rubbing off on you."

"Leave your sister alone. How could you defend those thugs? That's all they are, a bunch of drug dealers and petty thieves who are going nowhere in life." My mother retorts glancing back at me through the rear view mirror in confusion.

"We've all done things we're not proud of, I would've guessed you out of all people would understand that." I say unbuckling my seat belt.

"Oh look, we're here." Bethany says quickly before rushing off the truck, leaving the tension between my mother and I.

"Stay away from that boy you here me, Elyse." My mother gives me a stern look.

"Have a nice day at work, Mom." I mutter slamming the door behind me and for once quickly rushing into the building.

As I walked in I was welcomed by Veronica, Archie, Kevin and Josie setting up a registration desk for the new students. In an effort to ease their transition to the Northside.

"Elyse, just on time! They should be arriving any second." Veronica chirps making room for I.

"Hey guys, thank you for letting me help." I give a small smile towards the group only to receive large ones back.

The bell rings notifying the students had 10 minutes to get to class before they are tardy, just on cue a large group of Southside students walk in.

Fangs, Toni, Jughead and Sweet Pea stood on the other side of the table while Archie and I stood on opposite sides of Veronica.

Before I can speak, Veronica beats me too it. "Friends. On behalf of the students and faculty here at Riverdale High, welcome to your new school!" Veronica welcomes the group of Southside students, "To ease this transition, I've set up a registration desk where you can get your locker assignments, class schedules, and a list of sports and extracurriculars. We encourage each and every one of your to drink deeply from the cup that is fair Riverdale."

The large group that stood across us starred at Veronica giving no emotion, I couldn't help but shoot a small smile at the tall boy who stood diagonally from me.

"Stand down, Eva Perón!" Cheryl and Reggie interrupt walking down the stairs with a large group of River Vixens and Riverdale Bulldogs following behind like minions.

Would you like to guess who was in that mob of ignorants? Bethany. Shocker, I know.

Veronica and I looked at each other unease of what Cheryl was Reggie were up to.

"There's the school spirit I so fondly remember." Jughead remarks taking a deep breath to calm himself.

"Cheryl. No one invited Fascist Barbie to the party." Veronica spoke up.