Part 2

The day was crisp and cool, a refreshing feeling against your skin. Fall was finally here, a pleasant break from the hot summer days. You were dressed in a flowing gray dress paired with black leggings and red ankle boots, your red scarf hung loosely around your neck. With a quick glance of yourself in the long mirror that stuck to wall of the entrance of your apartment you nodded in approval and stepped out the door locking it behind you. There was a sleek black car waiting outside the lobby of your apartment and you smiled. Butterflies danced in your stomach and your heart fluttered knowing who awaited you in the drivers seat. You opened the passenger door and slid into the leather seats, buckling the seat belt before giving the gorgeous man driving your full attention.

"Hey beautiful." He hummed out in a deep loving tone. Ugh, yes. You thought, his voice sending your heart into a melting mess. "Hello dear." He leaned over and pressed a soft kiss on your cheek. Your cheeks flushed a soft rose red color and he turned his attention back to the front and the two of you drove off. "Where to today ?" He asked. "Mmm how bout we pick up some books and groceries and lounge around at home?"

Home, it was a word you started to use more often now when speaking of his own apartment. You already had clothes there and pretty much everything you needed. You're own apartment was simply waiting to be emptied.

You shifted in your seat at the excitement of going to the library, a wide smile spread across your face like child being told they're were going to an amusement park. He let out a hearty chuckle at you're actions. "Okay books and food it is!" The melody of oldies played softly in the background, and it wasn't too long before y'all reached the library. He slipped out the drivers seeing  and scurried around the car and opened it. You stepped into the library, inhaling the smell of books. It was a comforting sent, a mix of leather and dust. The quite space bringing a sense of calmness over you. The library was your favorite place to spend your time, you practically grew up in one.

Scurrying away to your favored sections, you pulled out quite the hand full of books. Fantasies, romance, thrillers, mythology, they practically dragged you down. He had taken off to a different section coming back with a few books of his own and a warm smile made its way to his lips as he saw you turn the corner of the shelf. "Here, let me." He said taking half the stack. "Thank you." You said softly, "Are you ready?" "Mmm...yeah, I'm ready." Y'all checked out the books and put them in the back of the car and headed to the market.

"So whatcha feel like? Pasta, chicken, steak, fish? " you raised an eyebrow as he pushed the cart through the isles. "Hmmm I was thinking steak?" He looked down at you, even with boots he still had a couples inches on you and you'd have to tip toe just to reach his lips when he would teasingly pull away from your kiss. "Oh that sounds good! Mm with...papas?" You stared at him intensely hoping he'd say yes because you loved potatoes. "Papas it is." He laughed at your choice of words the occasional spanglish slipping out your lips. The two you continued on around the market picking the items y'all needed and sneakily sliding a candy into the mix. Y'all finished and went to pay placing the items on the belt, he saw the candy bar and gave you an are-you-serious look, you quickly looked away and went to bag the groceries. Finally y'all headed home.

He pulled into the garage, making trips from the car to the apartment was a bit of a pain but you had suggested to invest in a small cart and he did just that. The elevator dinged and the long ride to the tenth floor began. The building was rather high, a couple more than your own but the view was beautiful. His stomach rumbled lowly in the quite space, and the two of y'all stared at one other. He seemed slightly embarrassed but you laughed, "Hungry?" you ask teasingly. Before he could answer your own stomach chimed in after and your face grew warm. "Hungry?" He turned to you, a mischievous grin on his face. Y'all laughed finally reaching the floor, the doors dinged opened , walking quietly towards the unit. Opening the door you shuffled in leaving y'alls shoes at the entrance and pulled the cart towards the kitchen, putting the groceries away and then taking the books to the living room. He slipped the cart into the pantry and began to prepare for a rather late lunch.

You plopped yourself down the couch, turned on some soft rock and picked up one of the books you had stacked next to you. Lost in the pages it wasn't until he came up to you letting you know that the food was ready. "Aww but he was just hit by a car!" You whined out , pulling your attention away from the story. "Was he now?" He said pulling you up from the sofa. "Yes!! He was on his way to go visit his sister and then a car came outta nowhere and got hit! WHAT IF HE DIES! NOW I HAVE TO WAIT!" He chuckled at your over dramatic actions and patted the stole, giving him small pout you sat in the chair as told. "Here." As soon as the food was placed down in front of you, your ears perked up and a huge smile placed itself on your face. "Oh! Yeah he can wait!" You say referring to the character in your book while shoving a papa in your mouth. He came around to join you on the island and talked about what happened at the both of y'alls  jobs during the week. "You wouldn't believe what happened at work today, do you remember the new guy Bobby I told you about last time?" "Mmmm the little guy with curly hair?" "Yeah! Okay so he was in the lounge today and the poor guy got his pants stuck on a nail sticking out from the table and totally ripped his pants!" "Oh god! No!" You tried to feel bad for the guy and you did but laughter overcame you and unflattering snorts came out, only causing even more laughter from the two of you. Y'all finished eating and you motioned for him to sit down while you did the dishes. He did as told and gave you a small peck on the forehead pattering away to the couch. As you finished up the last of them he called out from the living room "He died! The guy in your book!" You whipped your head around so fast who could've probably given yourself whiplash. "What! No way! Wait, you're lying!" You placed the plate carefully in the dish rack and tried your hands quickly before running to the couch. "Whoo, okay speedy Gonzales. " he chuckled out. Snatching the book from his hand you sat down next to him reading through the pages, "How could you ! He's in a coma." You exclaimed giving him a sharp glare. He laughed out, holding his stomach. "Awe I'm sorry dear I didn't mean to!" He was still laughing and you hit him playfully with the book. "Ow, I said I'm sorry." Rubbing his arm in the spot you hit him, "I won't do it again." He gave you a reassuring smile and you couldn't help but smile back and roll your eyes at him. "Come here." He brought you to sit in his lap, holding your face in the palms of his hands. "What are you doing?" You looked up at him, awing at his dark chocolate colored eyes, and smooth face. He was handsome, his perfect smile, perfect teeth, you wondered how lucky you got. The smell of his musk was a scent you loved. A little mix of sweetness, mint, and a light cologne.

On the days you stayed over from a long shift at the hospital since his place was closer, you'd wake up to empty bed. A note on the night stand saying he left to the office and would be back for lunch. You'd smile and roller over to his side burying your face in the sheets and smiled.

"You're beautiful." You blushed, almost four years have passed and yet he stilled swooned you. "Thank you." You said through smushed cheeks, he looked at you longingly and then placed a gentle kiss on your lips. Your hands came to wrap around his around his neck running through his hair softly and you kissed him back passionately and then pulling away. "I love you." you say softly, "I love you too.".