pining idiots

Kyoutani is staring hard.

Again.

It’s not his intention to do so, but his head keeps going back to where Yahaba is seated. He is chatting happily about something with Watari. Both of them laughing when Watari tells a story while gesturing with his hands and all.

Kyoutani feels a pang in his chest. It wasn’t that he was jealous of Watari, but he also wanted to be like that with Yahaba. He wasn’t so sure when it started. Perhaps the time after Yahaba had slammed him against the wall. You guys probably know right, that iconic moment when everyone began to ship us.

After the match had ended, everyone went home with defeated looks. Iwaizumi-san had cried that day, and almost everyone was about to cry. Kyoutani was surprised to see that Oikawa was still able to not cry, given that he is the one who always cries when Iwaizumi starts to punch him for being a, and I quote, dumbass man-child who still believes in aliens. That day Oikawa was really strong, not that the rest is weak but kyoutani began to understand why he was Captain of aoba johsai.

Before they went home, kyoutani took a moment to calm down outside. He was really upset, outrageous even. They lost, mostly because of him. He let Karasuno and that baldie get ahead of him. He punched the wall and hissed when his hand began to throb in pain.

Not a smart thing to do.

He rubbed his hand to lessen the pain, which wasn’t really working, when he heard his voice again.

“ You shouldn’t treat your hand that way, it’s important for playing volleyball “

“ What’s it to you “, kyoutani barked back.

“ What do you mean with What’s it to you, you do know that you need it for upcoming matches right?”

Kyoutani was confused.

“ Upcoming matches? I’m quitting the team.”

“ WHATT!!”, Yahaba suddenly yelled. He eyes were wide and he looked absolutely shocked.

They had lost because of him. He assumed it was fair of him to drop out of the team.

“ Well, you said that you wouldn’t forgive me if I let down the upperclassmen and I did. So it’s a fair deal to quit the team right? “

“ God Kyoutani, of course it’s not okay to drop out after this. You did your best after all. “

Now it was Kyoutani’s turn to stare back in shock. Yahaba was not mad? He was certain that he was going to be banned from the team if he himself wouldn’t have left.
Yahaba saw that Kyoutani looked shocked and decided to put him at ease.

“ Seriously, you don’t have to worry about it. I know that you gave it your all after the wall slam thingy. “

Yahaba felt pretty embarrassed about it. How could he have done something like that? And in front of so many people.

Kyoutani gave Yahaba a small smile.

“ Thank you Yahaba. “

Suddenly Yahaba didn’t mind the whole wall slam thing.

-------------------------------------

“ Yahabaaa”, Watari sings.

“ Yes Shinji. “

“ He is staring again. Well, more like glaring. Did you two have a fight or is it something else?”

Yahaba knows that he is staring, he knows it all too well.

“ I thought we were on pretty good terms. “