27

Edited May 17, 2016

Niall POV.

"Mum, you remember Emily." I say to mum.

Mum goes right in for the hug, squishing the jet lagged girl. "Hello, there! Of course I do!!"

Emily laughs. "Hello, Maura."

"Mum! You're squishing her!" Mum finally let's go and I protectively wrap my arms around her, drawing circles on her lower back. "She's claustrophobic!"

Mum sticks out her lower lip. "I'm sorry. But it's been so long since Nialler brought home a girl."

"It's okay." Emily pats my arm.

I lead Emily to where she would be sleeping. Mum won't let her bunk in my room, even if I took the blow up bed. We turned Gregs old room into a room for when Theo sleeps over when Greg and Denise go out on a date. We also kept Gregs bed in there so when Denise is out of town for business, Greg has somewhere to sleep because it feels empty in the house with out her.

"Niall, Emily. We're meeting Greg and Denise for dinner in about two hours. Okay?" Mum calls up the stairs.

"Okay, mum!"

"We're going to Olive Garden."

Emily smiles. "I love Olive Garden!" Mum goes out to tend to her flower bed. I sit on the guest bed, which was Gregs the past. Emily puts her suitcase at the foot of the bed and flops down onto the bed. "Okay. Sleep or get ready for dinner."

I chuckle. I knew how much sleep meant to Emily. She could sleep through a bomb explosion next door! But then, we'd be dead.

And that wouldn't be good.

"How about you take a shower and get dressed into some nice casually clothes and we can curl up on the couch and watch some telly before we leave." I suggest.

Emily nods and I show her to the bathroom and where the towels were. I go downstairs to make sure mum knows I'm not in there with her. I flip through the channels and find a football game on. Derby was currently winning. "Yeah! Derby!" I cheer.

"You and your football games." Emily comments behind me. I must've gotten so into the game, I didn't hear her come down. She was dressed in a simple pair of dark skinnies and a formal shirt. Her hair is wrapped in a towel, drying. Her bare feet padded across the hardwood floor as she came over to me.

"It's almost over." I say. There was only a couple minutes left of the game. "Come on, Derby!" I cheer. "Yeah!" Emily was curled up on my lap so I couldn't jump up. Emily just laughed.

I flip the channel to some random show. I was kinda into it. Emily was almost asleep. "Awe. Aren't you two just adorable!" Mum gushes when she comes down from her room. She changed for dinner. I was okay in my clothes.

I smile down at the sleeping girl. Her lips parted as she inhaled and exhaled. Blushing, I tuck some of her hair behind her hair so it wouldn't block her face. I could see mum taking photos. "When do we have to be there?" I whisper, not wanting to wake Emily.

"We need to leave in a bout ten minutes." Mum replies and walks away.

"Hey, Emily. We gotta go in about ten minutes. Do you want to fix your hair?" I gently shake her awake.

Emily swats my hand away and I chuckle. "It's too early, mom." And she rolls over and falls right onto the floor. I howl with laughter, wishing I had gotten it on video.

"What is going on in here?" Mum rushes in, having heard Emily falling. Emily picks up the towel and folds it nicely. "Are you okay?"

Emily nods. "Perfectly fine. I've had worse injuries, trust me." And she walks upstairs to do her hair.

"Niall James! How could you let her fall!" Mum scolds.

I put my hands up as a sign of defence. "Hey! She was the one who rolled over."

Emily returns with dry hair and we pile into Mums car and head off to Olive Garden.

--

I'm so tired!! Follow my Instagram: @niallspopsicle and my backup Instagram: @the1dmemories

- e.h.