real life

it was saturday and elizabeth was back in her childhood bedroom in seattle. she flew home for the weekend because of how hectic everything around her was. she needed to think about a lot.

lucas was something that she thought about a lot and it didn't help with the fact her siblings and parents were constantly asking questions.

el didn't really know if what she was feeling was real. although everyone around her knew what she was feeling, she couldn't wrap her head around it.

so here she was, staring at her bedroom ceiling as the light shined in her eyes.

nick stood outside the door wondering if he should go in and talk to her. out of all his siblings it was clear that el was his favourite but he'd never say it out loud.

he sighed knowing that his little sister was putting way too much stress on herself.

nick muttered a couple of words before opening the door to see her just laying on her bed.

"hey."

el didn't even look in his direction, "hey."

nick walked over to the bed and sat down beside her, leaning his back against the head board.

neither of them said anything because they thought the other was going to say what was wrong.

el sighed finally getting and sitting in the same position as her brother.

"i don't get it."

"what?"

"my own feelings. like everyone has them figured out except for me, the person that is actually going through the feelings. it's honestly so bullshit!"

elizabeth groaned and laid back on her bed with her face in a pillow.

"lucas seems like nice guy." nick was hesitant to say anything at this point.

elizabeth stayed silent because of how awkward this conversation was already going.

"i say you tell him how you feel even if you don't know yourself, it's better than being like this all the time."

elizabeth turned her head to the side to look up at nick.

"what if our relationship ruins our friendship?"

"el i've heard so many people that, you're literally a walking cliche."

"nick." el whined obviously annoyed.

"alright i'm going to get hella deep with you so just listen. if anyone who looks or treats you differently after you tell them something really important they were never worth your time. people who do that are literal shit because whatever you're piling up isn't good and when you let it out you need a support system. so if lucas cuts you off because you like him and he doesn't feel the same that's how you'll know that you wasted too much time on him. also if he ever does anything stupid i will have camren beat him up."

elizabeth smiled hugging her older brother, "i knew you'd have camren beat him up, you little bitch."

"el i'm fucking serious you gotta tell that boy sooner or later because what if one day just texts and says," nick coughs trying to imitate lucas, " i have a girlfriend."

"i'd feel like shit."

"so text him!"

"but i need time!"

"you don't have time!"

"fine fuck you!"

nick rolled his eyes playfully before walking out of el's room. the young girl fell back onto her bed before grabbing her phone from her nightstand.

her finger hovered over the messages app thinking if she was really going to do this. if she was going to tell lucas how she feels about him.

suddenly elizabeth opened the app and typed the three words she knew would express her feelings.

to zoo man💘
i love you send

elizabeth groaned before deleting the whole message. she knew she had to do it someday.

that someday just wasn't today.

-
[620 words]
i luv shayne topp + the smosh squad💘💝💗💕💖💓💞
ALSO theres probably a lot of mistakes bc i wrote this in my history class🤷🏽‍♀️