Sick

Each time you took three steps away from the toilet, you were being propelled right back into it. Like clockwork, or some kind of disgusting pattern that was triggered each time you stepped into the same spot. Trying to reach your phone seemed like an impossibility, your stomach churning and your sweat gathering in widespread pools behind your neck and down each side of your throbbing face. Coughing made it worse but not coughing made you gag. Holding it in made your throat clench, but the thought of throwing up again was sending tears to the forefront of your eyes. They stung, the salt prickling your vision and impairing your ability to grab your phone even further.
"Ughhhhhh." You groaned out loud, rolling your head back until that evidently made the room spin. "Nope." You choked, steadying yourself before falling back onto your knees, angling your head securely inside the toilet bowl before the rest of whatever, out of date, undercooked, inedible meal you'd devoured last night decided to come back up.
"Y/n?" Tan's  voice floated through your brain, feeling unattainable as you did your best to search for him.
"We're kinda late, you wanna hurry up?" He was joking, but he sounded mildly irritated. Or maybe you were just feeling sensitive due to your current position. You didn't want Tan to see you like this, not yet anyway. But you really weren't coping too well alone.
"Hey." You called weakly, hoping she would eventually make her way to the bathroom anyway.
"Oh shit." Suddenly Tan's body was behind yours, the warmth of his touch calming you as he pulled your wet hair from your neck. "You're burning up real bad, babe." He commented, a soft sense of panic in his tone. He was gone for a moment, your eyes watering at the lack of his presence. After what felt like a lifetime he returned, a cold flannel pressed to your neck and then your forehead.
"What happened?" He asked softly, as if he were afraid to startle you. You cleared your throat, resting your weak frame onto his. He enclosed your body, giving you enough room to breath but enough support so that you didn't have to worry about holding yourself up.
"I think my dinner might have been out of date, like last year." You slurred dramatically, Tan's giggle echoing from his chest as you rested your ear against it. "Yeah, I thought that restaurant looked a little, not good. I'm gonna call the guys and tell them we can't make it." Tan reached for his back pocket, your clammy grip around his wrist stopping him.
"No, no. You can't. I'll be fine. Feeling better..better, alread-dy.." You words were interrupted by yet another wave of violent nausea, your panic at the thought of Tan seeing you in a such a vulnerable, icky position wiped away by your lurching forward.
"Get it all out, baby." Tan soothed, not a hint of disgust in his tone.
"Ugh, no, I don't want." You cried
"Baby, you have to do it, please. You'll feel better, I promise." You did as he instructed, hoping this was the last time.
"Okay, we should get you to bed." Tan whispered, helping you to your feet before flushing the toilet for you. You were wobbly to say the least, Tan carefully stripping you to your underwear before laying you underneath the thinnest sheet.
"You good?" You asked, perching on the edge of the bed as he brushed your hair from your face. You nodded, at least you tried to.
"I'm gonna go get something to bring this fever down. Promise I'm not coming on to you, it's just easier to cool you down with less clothing. Stay under that sheet though." He winked lovingly, dropping down to place a kiss on your forehead before striding purposefully into the kitchen. Your shivering was rocking your whole body, every inch of you trembling as you attempted to swallow thickly. Tan returned before you could get too worked up again, helping you drink a soothing glass of water before getting some anti-nausea and fever reducing tablets in you too.
"Thanks." You whispered, your voice croaky and barely there. Tan's eyebrows twisted into the same shape they did when he saw a cute cat.
"What?" You laughed, halting the action when giggling made your stomach swirl.
"I love you." He whispered, leaning down to lie down next to you. He kept her distance, not wanting to increase your heat. But his fingertips reached for yours and intertwined themselves, staying there.
"Thank you for looking after me." You said softly.
"I'll always look after you." Tan promised.