Chapter Three ✔️

Start from the beginning

Drip

Your off team, Audriana.

"If you are, then, you really should because have you seen yourself. I mean have you looked at a mirror lately?"

"I'm not sure what you mean?" I asked. I took a deep breath; I could feel my heartbeat racing as she chuckled loudly as if what I had said was funny.

Drip

"What I mean is you're a little too big, don't you think" she said.

Drip

Are you really gonna eat that?

Her eyes traveled down to my stomach, arms, and thighs, slowly ensuring me that I knew she was judging. I brought my hands beneath my thighs to my lap, trying to block everyone's view of me. I felt uncomfortable and exposed in front of everyone. I regret asking her what she had meant.

"You know the saying you are what you eat, you are a great example of it," she said and laughed once again.

She gets closer to me and whispers, "a lousy fat pig" she empahazed each one slowly.

Drip

"Grandma, I think its enough," Connor said.

"What! I'm just being honest. But don't you worry, Audrey! Chloe is here, this may be a challenge for you but I believe you can do it," She exclaimed as rubbed Chloe's back.

I felt vines slowly, slithering, coiling around from my feet to my neck. They seemed determined to squeeze the life out of me, tying knots making me struggle to catch my breath. Every time I tried to speak, the vines would gag me by wrapping around my mouth. I felt stuck, there was no way out. I am trapped so I focused on the plate in front of me, hiding the tears that were threatening to come loose.

Drip

She's right. I need help.

My dark circles were evident, while hers barely showed. My arms seemed thicker, my legs bigger. All the insecurities that I had locked behind a door was now broken, bare for everyone to see. I bit my lip hard, as the vines chocked the life out of me. A burning sensation erupted in my stomach. Looking down, I couldn't deny it. She's right. What I am, behind all this facade is plain ugly, who lacks natural beauty.

A lousy pig.

At this very moment, I am disgusted and embarrassed of myself.

Drop.

The vines, loosened and with all my strength I smiled and looked up at her, "Thank you for your honesty." I let out a shaky breath and looked down at my plate. At least I did one thing right. Suddenly I lost my appetite.

"Thank god, normally girls would cry over something like this. I know a great fitness instructure, and if it doesn't work out, plastic surgery is always an option," she said as she analyzed my face. I didn't look away and forced out a smile, but all I wanted to do right now is cry.

"It will be a lot of work, but at least you will look normal," she whispered, but everyone heard her. She smiled to herself as she took a sip of the wine. She spun the wine in circular motions, and when her eyes met mine, her smile widened—probably amused at my discomfort. I want to leave.

"Are you kidding me! You can't–" I look at Kylie, begging her with my eyes to stop. I did not want this to escalate. She paused immediately, but that didn't keep her from giving her infamous glare. Her eyes narrowed at Courtney, and a smirk had made its way on her face as she sat back against her chair.

Oh no, this can't be good.

"Sorry, I just can't stand clowns who are practically a joke themselves," Kylie chuckled lightly, and my eyes widened by her remark. Courtney's expression didn't change one bit.