Chapter II

Natsuki smiled as she walked to school with Yuri. It was last Monday they had gotten into their relationship, at the school festival. Since then they've quickly gotten much closer together, enough for last night to have happened.

"So, what's your poem for the Literature Club?" Yuri asks.

"Oh, uh... shit, I forgot to make one." Natsuki says.

Yuri chuckles. "Really? I wrote mine as soon as I got home..."

"Yeah, whatever. I can write mine in one of my classes. I'll be fine." Natsuki says.

"Well, try your best, even if you're writing it at the last minute."

"Thanks... you always have the best advice." Natsuki says. She and Yuri have by this point reached the school, and Natsuki notices something. As soon as they fall in the line of sight of the other students at the school, Yuri puts her head down. She acts shy, afraid to be embarrassed. She wasn't like this when they were alone. She was happy, vivid. But now she had gone back to her shy and apprehensive self.

"Yuri... are you alright?"

"Hm? Y-Yes... I just don't like being in public... I... I'm afraid of being picked on... that's why I have so few friends..."

"Yuri, don't be so afraid... you're going to be fine, trust me. I can't think of anyone who would want to pick on someone like you..." Natsuki says, trying to reassure Yuri.

"...thank you." Yuri says. The girls share a brief kiss before they head off to their respective classes. Natsuki goes to her homeroom, where as usual she takes her seat near the middle of the class. She doesn't pay attention to the morning announcements, instead writing her poem for the Literature Club. Upon finishing it, she reads it over. It's short, sweet, and to the point; just the way she likes it. She decided to doodle in her notebook for the rest of the period until the bell rang for first period.