"What time does Jayden's graduation start?" Jack asked through the phone.

"4."

"Okay, thank you!"

I hung up the phone and walked downstairs to grab something to eat. My dad was at work. Brianna was out with her lady friends. And Bridget just didn't want to go because she didn't see the point in going. I was also pretty sure Jack was only coming because he wanted to apologize to Chloe for running out on her at prom. She has been ignoring since he ran out and it's been driving him crazy.

I checked the time and saw that it was 3:45.

"Hashbrown! We're gonna be late!" I yelled up the stairs. Hashbrown quickly came plopping down the stairs. His wrinkly fat skin flopped around with him as he ran. It was the cutest and funniest thing for me to watch.

I got into the car. Hashbrown got to sit in the passenger's seat. I let him stick his head out the window.

I impatiently tapped my fingers on the steering wheel. The person in front of me was driving so slow.

That's when I remembered that the poster was upstairs in my room. I groaned and angrily smacked the steering wheel. I turned the car around and went back. 

I quickly ran upstairs and grabbed the poster. I ran back outside and drove to the school.

I got there 15 minutes late. Luckily they were only singing the National Anthem. I looked for Jayden's family, but I only spotted Jack. Along with him...

Zach.

I had a strong feeling that this wouldn't end well.

I walked over and sat down.

"Wow! Late to your own boyfriend's graduation!" Jack said sarcastically. "You get a gold star!"

"Look, buddy, I had to go back for the poster I made him," I said rolling my eyes.

"That's why we came 10 minutes early..." I rolled my eyes.

Zach just quietly sat and watched. What was he thinking?

...

I fell asleep on Jack's shoulder after Chloe's name was called. I cheered for her loudly. Jack just sat in silence and stared at his fingers. I felt bad for them both.

I woke up to the sound of an airhorn from behind me. Jack laughed as I flinched.

I looked around for Jayden. He was still seated waiting for his name to be called.

A thousand of kids later, Jayden was called.

He walked up and got his diploma.

"THAT'S MY BOYFRIEND!" I yelled at the top of my lungs holding up the huge poster. Jack stood up with me and called stuff at him while he walked back down the steps and to his seat.

Zach just sat quietly which made me angry. The least he could do was clap, but no. He sat up straight in his seat with his hands in his lap and his eyes glued to the kids who were being called.

...

They finished calling all the names which should've been the end.

But it wasn't.

The played a little video edit of Lucas as a tribute and the Valedictorian gave a speech about him and how he was close to graduating. She talked about the many of kids who had known him since elementary or middle school.

All of the seniors held the heads low and listened to the speech. A few crying.

I looked over at Zach who was rolling his eyes and mumbling things under his breath. He and Jayden didn't care about giving the dude a chance. And sometimes I asked myself why I gave him a chance.