6

After two weeks of lounging around, Steve finally allowed me to get up and roam around the house.

While he was on his daily run, I decided to lay on the counter by the kitchen sink to wait for him.

I heard the door unlock and slide open, so I meowed loudly to let Steve know where I was.

"The hell?" was all I heard in reply, I opened my eyes. That wasn't Steve.

I twitched the end of my tail as whoever it was came into the kitchen.

It was a man with hair a bit darker than Steve's and a red-headed woman.

"When did Steve get a cat?" the man asked.

The woman reached out to touch me and I flattened my ears and hissed.

"Couple weeks ago, looks like she still doesn't like people who aren't Steve," she told him as she brought her hand back to her side.

I sat up on my haunches and stared at the two, "It's a pretty cat," the man said after a bit of silence.

The woman nodded, "What kind is she?" he asked.

A voice that often came from Steve's phone responded, "She appears to be a bengal cat,".

The man frowned. "Aren't those supposed to be really active cats?"

I heard the door open, I meowed loudly again.

Steve appeared in the doorway of the kitchen a few seconds later.

I hopped onto the floor and trotted over to Steve, jumping on his shoulder. "Hey Clint, Nat, did you guys need something?"

The woman, who I guessed was 'Nat', leaned on the counter. "Came to visit. I see your cat still hates people,".

Steve looked a little sheepish while I rubbed my cheek on his face and neck.

"She doesn't like new people," Steve defended.

Clint was staring at me, "She's marking you dude,".

Steve looked a little more sheepish, "She doesn't like it when I leave either..."

Nat glanced at me, "What's her name?"

Steve gave a small hum as he scratched my cheek, "I was thinking Dot,".