Alex|Painting Class

"Why do I have to go with you?" He groans, trying to pull out of your grip. "I'm not a very extroverted person... and your friends are loud."

I frown and wrap my arms around his neck. "You're normally a lot more positive, what happened?" I poke his side and he flinches. "You know, I just... I dunno, I'm not into painting."

"Sounds like a lot of excuses if you ask me," I tease and stare at him. "You're gorgeous, Lawther." He blushes and looks away, avoiding eye contact. "What? You are."

"If I was good at painting, I wouldn't be an actor, huh?" He tries reasoning, but deep down he knows it won't work because he's too sweet for his own good.

"We're going to paint until our fingers fall off," I hold his hand and pull him with me into the community center. My art class is already setting up the easels and starting class. I knew he'd make us late being a dweeb. "This is going to be fun," I remind him as I push two easels and chairs next to each other.

He hesitantly picks up a brush and a paint palette and squirts random colors together and mixes them to make random strange shades. I know he could paint a lot better than what he was doing, because he was purposely trying to be a mess just to embarass me.

"Alex," I whisper, hiding behind my canvas so nobody saw me blushing. "What are you doing?"

"Having fun," He gave that pure little smile, that I normally found adorable but was now somewhat irritating. This was a serious art class and he was drawing a cat that a four year old could make. If not a two year old. "I'm already an artist! Look at me go!" He whisper-screamed to me while smearing the grossest looking olive green color I've ever seen across the bottom of the cat. "What else should I add, sweetheart?"

"Some decency, Alex. Try some of that," I shake my head tiredly as he grins. Okay, he wins. I'm not putting up a fight. I had only started painting a nice landscape, but instead I tipped the jar of black paint over on it and smeared it around. It destroyed what could have been a decent painting, but it did seem pretty fun.

"Try this," He tells me, walking over and pouring a little yellow down it. He's already covered in rainbow splatters.

Everyone in the class is looking at us strange, and I already know I won't be invited back next week.

"You're right," He takes a deep breath and steps back from our two horrid looking paintings. "This was fun," He wraps his arms around me, covering me in a huge amount of bright paint colors.