To Hold Her Forever

*Dave's POV*

It's been a few weeks since the night at the bar with Claire's friends and I think that I'm ready to find a way to tell her that I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with her and only her.

    "Whatcha thinkin about?" Claire asked pulling me from the deep thought I was in.

      "Nothing really." I said as I pulled her into my arms.

      "Well I was thinking that maybe we could watch a movie?" Claire suggested since neither of us had anything to do.

      "Sounds like a good idea to me." I told her with a grin. I liked doing the little things with her as much as she did.

    I let her pick the movie because I didn't really care what we watched as long as I was with her. She picked some stupid ass comedy movie that her and I had seen a thousand times before but still thought it was funny as hell. We sat on the couch in the living room watching the movie. About halfway through the movie we both started falling asleep. At that point I lifter her into my arms and carried her to bed. Lying beside her in bed holding her close was the best feeling in the world. I knew that I never wanted to lose her.

*Claire's POV*

    I woke up early the next morning cuddled into Dave's side. It was the best feeling in the world. I shifted out of his grip and went to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror at my messy hair. I ran a brush through my hair straightening out my hair. I went down to the kitchen to make coffee cause Dave was still sleeping. The place seemed quiet but not the good kind of quiet almost an eerie kind of quiet. No sooner than I got the coffe pot turned on there was a knock on the door.

   "Hi." Dave's friend, drummer and band mate Taylor said.

    "What's up Taylor, come on in Dave's still sawing logs." I said with a small grin as I let him in.

     "Nothing really, I uhm actually came to ask you for advice." Taylor said and I could tell he was very nervous.

  "Well what is it?" I asked him, he had me interested.

     "Well you see, my wife and I have been fighting lately and I want to do something special to make it up to her.  I'm not sure what to do so I'm asking you what you think I should do." Taylor told me. I almost felt bad for him.

       "Well I'll tell you what would make her happy, take her out. Show her that the fighting has to stop some where. Then maybe when you get home watch some sappy chick flick with her or some shit. Make the night about her, show her no matter what that you still care." I told him as the coffee pot went off. I made a cup for him and I since Dave was still sleeping.

     "You sure that will work?" He asked.

      "Yes I am, when women fight it's because we feel that you guys as men are forgetting that we love the little things." I told him.

       "Thanks Claire." He said as he gave me a one armed hug.

       "Anytime Taylor." I said with a friendly smile as Dave walked into the kitchen.

        "Good morning Dave." I said as I walked over to him.

        "Morning Claire, you know you could've woke me up and told me he was here." Dave said. I was about to answer but Taylor cut me off.

       "Dave man, I told her to just let us sleep cause I needed to ask her for her advice any way." Taylor said with that signature goofy grin of his.

      "Oh really now? What is troubles with the wife?" Dave asked.

       "Actually yeah it is." Taylor responded with an almost sad smile.

       "Oh." Dave said like he wasn't expecting that.

       "Just do what I told you and everything will be just fine." I said as I patted Taylor's shoulder before going to go put on something other than the ratty shirt and sweatpants I'd wear to bed.

*Dave's POV*

    I felt bad the Taylor was going through shit like that but at the same time Claire was probably the best person he could've asked for advice she knows what girls want after fucking stupid fights.

     "So man how are things with you and Claire going?" He asked making random conversation.

      "Really good man, and that's why I wanna ask her to marry me." I told him with a smile.

       "Are you sure you're ready for number three?" He asked looking concerned. Though he had every right to be considering my track record of failed marriages.

       "Yes I am, somehow I think that if back in 1991, I would've just told Claire how I felt those failed marriages would've never happened." I said, it felt weird to finally say that out loud.

       "Well if that's what you want man, I'm gonna support you fully. I just don't wanna see you get hurt if it ends badly." Taylor told me before taking another sip of his coffee.

    By this point Claire came bounding into the room looking almost like a fuckin goddess.

     "Why do you two look like a murder was just commited?" Claire asked us raising her eyebrows. I knew that was her way of asking why we looked so serious.

      "It's nothing big babe. We were just talking about random shit in life." I told her cracking a smile. Taylor nodded in agreement.

    The Three of us sat and talked for a while until Taylor had to leave. Both Claire and I wished him luck in fixing the problems with his wife. He thanked us both before heading out to his pickup truck and driving away.

     It was maybe an hour later and Claire and I were sitting in front of the T.V. watching some crappy movie. I decided that the next day I'd propose to her. I wanted it more than I knew.