She blushed at the thought of telling him of her feelings.

Meanwhile...

"You can't be serious," Ralph told his sister, looking at her as if she had sprouted horns.

"Of course, I'm serious! Even Theo has agreed. Don't be a stick in the mud. It'll be fun," Rosalyn whined.

"There's no way I'm going on a picnic, Rosalyn. I'm too old for this," he said. She was really trying his patience.

He was nearly thirty. He wasn't going to go on a picnic in a public park where everybody he knew could see him.

"What's wrong with that?"

"You'll ask me to attend a tea party next?"

"Yes, well I was certainly thinking about that. But let's just stick to the picnic for now."

Ralph groaned loudly.

"Alice is coming," his sister smirked.

"So?" He asked nonchalantly.

"She won't have anyone to walk with her if you don't come and that will attract a lot of men to her side. They'll start with greeting us, then offering to walk with her and then they'd end up joining us for the picnic. And then Alice might start liking that gentleman, they might start courting. Before you know it, she'll be married," Rosalyn finished with a huff, catching her breath.

"Are you quite done?" Ralph raised a brow, wondering is she should strain herself so much when she was carrying.

"Not quite, but you have the gist of it," she waved her hand uselessly.

"While what you said is indeed logical, I'm afraid I shall take the chance."

Rosalyn narrowed her eyes, not missing the sarcasm.

"Fine then. Suit yourself," she stood up to leave.

"Rosalyn..."

"Yes?" She asked pertly, turning to look at him.

"Does it really mean that much to you?"

"Yes."

"Alright then," he sighed. He didn't want her upset, damnit.

And some alone time with Lady Alice Woodbury certainly couldn't hurt.

Rosalyn squealed and jumped, he only smiled.

That afternoon, by the Thames.

"I must say, I'm surprised you agreed to picnic with us," Alice grinned at him as they were walking together to the spot Rosalyn had chosen.

"Rosalyn left me with no choice," he replied.

Rosalyn and Fortescue were walking in front of them, affording them considerable privacy.

"So you didn't want to come," she sniffed.

"I didn't."

Her face fell.

"But that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying myself now," he said truthfully. His own lips curving when her face lit up.

"You look lovely," he said into her ear, bending his head.

"Thank you," she murmured, a faint blush staining her bubbly cheeks.

He couldn't believe that just last night, they'd spent the night together. That they'd almost done what they shouldn't. This morning, she slew him with that innocent kiss to his cheek before she'd run into her house.

"Here we are," Rosalyn announced loudly, standing below a large tree.

She bent to spread the blanket, but Fortescue stopped her.

"Allow me," he smiled at her, taking the cloth from her hands.

She smiled and gave him a rather loud peck on his cheek. Fortescue immediately made to give her a more thorough kiss, but a loud throat clearing from Ralph stopped him.

"Damn you, Morley. She's my wife, I can bloody well kiss her whenever I want to," Theodore muttered and then quickly muttered a apology to Alice for swearing in front of her.

Ralph chose to ignore him, Rosalyn was blushing and Alice was laughing.

They settled on the blankets, hogging on the sandwiches Fortescue's Cook had prepared.

"These are delicious," Alice was saying inelegantly, her mouth full.

"They are, aren't they?" Rosalyn grinned and then shared a secret look with Theodore.

Ralph turned to look at Alice, who proved to be a more pleasing sight. A few crumbles of the bread were stuck to the side of her lips and Ralph itched to lick her clean.

"Why didn't Sarah and Vanessa join us?" Alice asked.

"Oh they had to go to the bookstore," Rosa lied breezily.

Alice narrowed her eyes and Ralph bit back a smile.

Rosalyn was clearly trying to matchmake and she wasn't very subtle around it. Judging from Theodore's slight grimace, he thought so too.