Chapter 2 Doing All The Work

And so, they raised him and abandoned his real name. Queen Evelyn gave him a negative name, Short. Because she thinks he's just a little pathetic child husky devil who does all the work for them in their castle. Queen Evelyn doesn't actually like childrens. For only reason is that she is just a selfish, greedy, aloof, and careless. She doesn't even care about Short, or love him. She just shows him what he needs to do for her and her husband. She always tells him to clean everything in the castle everyday. Short grew older and turned seven years old boy. He doesn't mind cleaning everything in the castle. His favourite hobby is cleaning things, organizing, and watching kids from the castle balcony.
"Short, get inside and clean the kitchen and the living room!", King Ethan shouted."
"Okay master, I'm coming", Short said.
He started to clean the kitchen with sponges and a bucket of soap water. He cleaned for over three hours. He's still not tired and still kept cleaning. Well of course his main skill and his hobby is cleaning. After he finished cleaning the whole kitchen and the living room, he wants to talk to Queen Evelyn.
"Ma'am", he said.
"What is it you little husky devil?" Queen Evelyn said that in a little angry way.
"I keep seeing little people going to the strange building with tower bells, and it says school. Can you tell me what's that?", he asked very politely.
"It's just a place for little people to learn how to work and to learn about this world you little husky devil."
"Learn how to work and learn about the world? But why can't I go there?"
"First of all, you're not a human, and only humans can go there. And you only need to know how to clean things. And also, this world is cruel and humans will harm you if they see you."
"Harm me? Why would they do that? I didn't do anything, did I?"
"God hates the devils and do you know how the humans are made?"
"How?"
"God made all the humans, they strongly believe in that imagination, and they'll do anything for god. Even to kill the devils, which god hates. So that's why I have to keep you inside of this castle and no one will know you and find you."
"Oh... Um what is a God?", Short asked."
"Silence!! Don't ask me any question, if you ask me one more question, then you are going to get a punishment!!", Queen Evelyn yelled.
Short cries because he got scared by her yells. "I'm so sorry Ma'am, please don't punish me", he sobbed. Queen Evelyn forgives him and gave him a relaxing break. Short still wants to know what's a God.But he's afraid to ask again, because it will make her mad temper. Short goes to his room and lays down on his bed. He thinks about the God and wonders that why God hates devils. " **Sigh**.. Maybe I'll try to talk to the world. Dear world, I really wish I'll be okay and I hope someday I won't be here to stay like this. I wonder that what god means and I hope I'll find that out someday.. And sincerely, Short."
Short gets up from his bed and goes to the top of the balcony castle. He watches kids playing and going inside to the school building again.
"I'm so curious that what's inside in that building, and I'm also curious about god." He said. He went back to his bedroom and thinks about what to do. "Maybe I guess I'll just organize my collection", he said. He finds some sticks, coins, and stuff in the castle and put it in to his collection box. He walks around in the castle a bit, and chat with the painting of a person. "I know that you're just a painting but u look like a real person in the picture. We can be friends, even if ur just a painting. I don't have any friend because my master and ma'am doesn't let me to have one. I don't know if that's fair or not, I'm just confused. Why do humans kill devils? I'm not bad, I do good things like cleaning, and organizing. I wish I can go outside to learn more than cleaning in the castle where I live in. My skin is light green, my hair is dark green, my sclera is black, but my iris eye is blue, I have a Husky ears, and I have a black small two horns on my head. But humans are white and black, they have normal hair, their sclera is white, and they don't have horns. But why am I not like them and why am I not a human? Ma'am told me that I'm actually a husky devil, but I've never seen devils in my life. She's a human but she doesn't kill me. She told me to stay in this castle for my entire life to be safe from humans. But those humans looks nice, kind, and emotional", he said. Short begins to talk to himself.
"Hello me."
"Don't worry you'll go outside someday, even though Ma'am said that not to go outside and stay inside here."
"Nobody cares about me, even Ma'am and my Master doesn't care about me too."
"But at least I care about you and I also love you, because you're me. I still believe that this world loves me too hopefully."
"I guess you're right. Maybe if I do good thing a lot, then maybe this world will love me."
Short comes back to the top of the balcony castle. Then he climbs up to the top of the castle roof to see the whole view. He sees everything around here from the roof. The sun is still shining, birds are singing, air is fresh, and grass are growing. "This world doesn't look cruel, it looks pretty peaceful. I don't know why Ma'am said that it's very cruel? They are people down there looking so innocent and caring, and I wanna meet those people down there. But Ma'am told me not to go out there, because she told me that humans kill the devils. But I'm a half husky and a half devil, and I don't want be killed. But those humans looks pretty nice down there. Well actually I'll just stay here in this castle and do cleaning everyday.. Cause I don't want to break the castle rules and they will punish me so hard if I did. I want to be a good boy. But Ma'am and my Master treats me like I'm a bad boy.. Why do they not like me? I don't think That I've done something wrong", he said. "Short, your relaxing break is over. Go clean the hallway and cook some food for us and you! Come on you lazy husky devil! I have a business to do as a Queen" , Queen Evelyn said. Short grabs his cleaning supplies from his closet and comes to the hallway to clean first. Short keeps cleaning and cleaning the hallway for couple hours. After he cleaned the whole hallway, he started to cook food. He makes a barbecue chicken, curry, and large salad. Queen Evelyn taught him how to cook that when he was 5 years old. "Um Master and Ma'am, dinner is ready," he said. Queen Evelyn and her husband walks together in a hallway to go for a dinner.
"Can also walk beside with you too?", he asked nicely.
"No, just walk behind us because you're just a husky devil boy", Queen Evelyn said. Short looked down and sighed. All foods are in the dining room. Short, Queen Evelyn, and King Ethan arrived in a dining room. They sat down and eat. Later after they' finished eating, they went to sleep.. Except Short, because he keeps thinking about going outside and knowing what god is.