The Letter of Death

Dear Reader,

I am writing this to let you know your death is imminent. I cannot tell you how you will die only that you will. As it gets closer you will ask the question everyone does. Why? It will become clear. That is all I can tell you. See you soon. Ha! Ha!

As Michael read the letter he had received in the mail a chill went up his spine. It seemed like a bad joke, but it still made him nervous. As he laid down to go to sleep the light rain falling outside lulled him . Soon he was fast asleep dreaming about the past. He was standing by his wife when suddenly his hands went around her throat. Before he knew it he was jolted out of the nightmare by a rumble of thunder.As he tried to slow his heart down the phone suddenly rang.Just as he was answering the phone the power went out scaring him even more. On the other end of the line he could hear only the words, "Are you ready to die?", and then it went silent.Before he could comprehend what was happening a sound emerged from the darkness. It was the sound of death coming for him. As a flash of lightning illuminated the room Michael could make out what it was coming for him. It was an axe coming straight for his head. A few days later the cops were called by one of Michael's friends. Upon investigation of the house, they could find no trace of Michael just a room full of his dried blood and the letter, the letter of death. Dear reader, if you ever receive a letter with no return address do not open it it could be your letter of death.