Chapter 4

Nicki rocked Ka'Lisa while feeding her. She sighed, staring at a picture of Meek that was framed on her wall. She missed him a lot and would do anything to have him back.

Her phone rung, breaking her from her thoughts.

"Hello?" She answered, not looking at the caller ID.

"Sis, where you at?" Omelly asked.

Nicki looked down at the baby. "I'm home, feeding the baby. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, but uh, can you meet me and Tak at the warehouse? We need you here in like 20 minutes."

"Yeah, okay. I'll take Ka'Lisa to Kathy's house, then come to the warehouse."

Omelly agreed and they hung up. Nicki finished feeding the baby, then she got ready. Once she was done, she packed Ka'Lisa's bag and headed out. Instead of driving to Kathy's house, she made her way to Na's house since it was closer.

"Oh wow. That's a nice car," Nicki said, looking at the unfamiliar car in Na's driveway as she pulled up.

She got out and got Ka'Lisa out. Going up to the door, she knocked loudly. She heard footsteps, then the door opened.

"Hey sis, I ha-"

Nicki stopped mid sentence and her heart dropped. Meek stood there, looking like he saw a ghost. Nicki just stared at him.

"Rih-Rihmeek.."

Meek reached out to touch her, but she took a step back as tears rolled down her face.

"I thought you were dead.." she said quietly.

"Nic, I can explain," Meek said.

She just stared at him in disbelief.

"Explain what? How you left me when I was pregnant. Meek, I was so hurt and heartbroken. I thought I had lost the love of my life. Everything was a big lie, huh?"

"Baby, it's not like that. I did it to protect you and our child."

She shook her head, sniffling. "Whatever. I'm leaving. Goodbye."

She walked back to the car, putting Ka'Lisa in. Then, she got in and drove off.

-

"How the fuck you get caught?" Omelly asked.

Meek sighed. "Man.. I answered the door and her pretty ass was standing there, holding the carseat. I miss her."

"I guess the plan is done for, then. All we gotta do is kill them niggas. You leave that to us. Go get your girl back before it's too late."

Meek nodded and got up, leaving. He quickly drove to Nicki's house and got out. He knocked on the door and waited. Soon, Nicki opened the door in her robe. Meek grabbed her waist, smashing his lips into hers.

"M-Meek," Nicki moaned, pushing him away.

"Baby, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I should've told you what the fuck was going on. I was only trying to protect y'all because I love y'all and I didn't want you or the baby getting hurt. I promise to never leave you again, though. I love you, baby."

Nicki wiped her tears, nodding. She hugged him, crying loudly into his chest. "I love you s-so much, Rihmeek."

He hugged her tightly, and kissed her forehead. After they hugged, they went inside and Meek sat on the couch.

"Ka'Lisa is sleeping. I'll let you meet her," Nicki smiled.

Meek nodded and looked around.

"Damn, I missed a lot. I really gotta make up for lost time. This shit crazy."

"You can spend as much time with her as you want. She needs you in her life," Nicki told him.

He smiled and kissed her cheek. "Thank you."

-

Chay 🍍