We don't know what kinds of food you eat so I brought a bunch of different foods for you to try little harry.

Hulion said placing a tray in front of me, I could see strange grape like bunches of what seemed like tomatoes, gingerly I pulled one off and ate it, surprised that it tasted like strawberry sauce, less natural than an earth strawberry but still tasted like our strawberry toppings.

Next I tried a brown cake like thing and taking a bite I spat it out, it tasted like sour old milk and coco. I hurriedly pushed it away much to hulions amusement," the red bunches of fruit are called gurat, the brown slab you just tried is yewtin, the yellow thick liquid is called frate he said as I tasted it, surprisingly it tasted like a lemon sauce sweet but also slightly sour. The last thing is called durin he told me and I looked over the platter to find it and to my surprise it was an apple, taking it I bit into it glad it even tasted like an apple.

I turned to hulion holding up the fruit "apple, this is apple", hulion looked intrigued trying out the new word.

I ate everything but the yewtin, carefully avoiding the disgusting slab of brown food which hulion smiled at.

"Little human, you say your species has never encountered other space people, that cannot be true for you speak the universal language well, how can it be so?"

i tilted my head considering how to explain, "m-my species of humans can use a skill of ours to speak all languages, the language I hear you speak and the language I hear myself speak is my common tongue English." I finally decided to say

"Fascinating, would it bother you to speak a little in you're own language so that I can hear it?" Hulion finally asked I frowned '' if I do that I won't be able to understand you for a time" I replied nervously

"That is fine, I'm sure it will be okay" he prompted, I sighed and carefully whispered finite incantum whilst gently touching my wand to my chest hidden under the blankets.

Instantly the tell tale freezing cold wave of magic ran over me making me shiver gently, "hulion?" I asked gently his eyes lit up is amazement and I shyly kept talking. After 10 minutes of speaking I gently cast the spell again and yawned "little harry?" Hulion prompted.

I smiled gently " I can understand you now hulion" I said shyly hulions eyes lit up and he stood up towering over me.

"Come on then little human its time to introduce you to the crew it is dinner time at the moment and all of them should be in the mess hall" hulion told me smiling, I just frowned and carefully got to my feet the blanket still wrapped around me, a barrier, an illusion of safety I wasn't willing to give up yet.

My body started shaking again as we left the room the air here was colder a lot colder around 19 degrees Celsius which made me glad I brought the blanket, my long sleeves ripped from years of torture and my jeans full of holes from bullet and knife wounds wouldn't help much with the cold.

Wrapping myself up as much as I could, I continued to walk after around 20 minutes we finally reached a door hulion was going to turn into, I stopped and my breathing picked up, gently I inched my way behind hulion as close as I dared and clutched my wand ready to use it.

The doors opened and gentle chatter was heard from everyone inside, daring a peek out of the blanket and around hulion I saw around 100 different creatures, many of the same, they were all like the group I saw through the window but this time there were far more than the dozen or so from earlier.

Hulion looked back at me and I stepped back not wanting to go inside, he frowned a little and walked in, I hesitated and followed him looking at the floor so not to upset them.

Eventually hulion stopped at a table and spoke to someone there the language sounded different from the one we usually used - hey karlum , we've got a new crew member, do you mind if he sits with us?" hulion asked him

I glanced around him and caught sight of an alien with large bat like ears two tusks coming out of the side of his jaws each with a deadly black point and two small tusks showing up out of his mouth. Its skin was dark brown with golden yellow stripes every now and then its nose was slightly pulled up into an almost extreme button nose which was darker brown than the rest of his skin which was very fuzzy in texture almost like felt it had four eyes a small pair above a slightly larger pair

As I looked at him through the opening shadows of the blanket i noticed he was watching me look at him, I immediately flinched and hid back behind hulion

"I don't mind hulion, however I don't believe I have met this crew member nor do I know what species is so impossibly small." He answered finally I shrunk back a little shaking slightly.

We sat down and I inched closer to hulion who pulled the blanket off me so quickly I didn't have time to reach for it.

I sat stunned for a few moments before the cold made me begin shivering and I went bright red in embarrassment and flew under the table scrunching back into the familiar ball.

I listened with my eyes squeezed shut as Karlum talked to hulion "what species is he of?, he looks similar to you, but otherwise I cant think of what he could be?"

hulion sighed " harry is a human, a completely new species, he comes from a planet he calls earth, apparently they have never seen another space person".

Karlum hummed in reply "did you see him though hulion, he changed colour and went red, how did he do that? What does it mean? He asked intrigued

I stiffened and his arm with that same strange patterning and huge three fingers reached under the table and grabbed me yanking me out from my hiding spot in a bruising grip.

My breathing sped up as I felt vunerable in a room full of living things living things that could hurt me, tears filled my eyes and I gasped in pain.

Suddenly I was cradled carefully and impossibly gently to the clothed chest of hulion. Where I curled back up into a ball mumbling a disilusinment charm and touching my head discretely I melted into the background almost invisible. "Karlum!, humans are very delicate and fragile, if you grab him like that you will hurt him!" Hulion warned sternly as Karlum looked at me amazed.

Hulion looked down suddenly and his red stars shone brightly in alarm before they calmed down again.

"Little human, why are you invisible?" He asked curious I flinched and stiffened realising I was still being held, being touched

After he finally let me down I curled onto the chair ready to fly under the table if I had to. ''I don't want to be seen" I whispered anxiously.

Hulion sighed and reached under his chair throwing the blanket at me, I wrapped myself back up in it trying to absorb as much warmth as I could and kept my head visible as I cancelled the disillusionment charm.

I came back into view nibbling my lip "hulion it's a kid..." he deadpanned, "hey squirt why did you go red then? If you became invisible because you wanted to not be seen going red doesn't make sense."he asked gruffly.

I glared at him "I'm not a kid" I hissed, "sure your'e not" he called back sarcastically my glare deepened and I considered hexing him "I'm probably older than you idiot!" I spat angrily before drawing the blankets over my head.

"Yeah right I'm a hundred and 12 years old brat you don't even come close" he shot back amusedly most likely expecting me to be amazed at his age but when you've been alive for at least 3000 years albeit asleep most of the time and alone the rest you think 100 is nothing.

I laughed and it struck him dumb

"I am at least three thousand years old idiot, I am much older than you" it was karlums turn to laugh, "yeah right kid your just a brat."

I ignored him flinching back and stood carefully lifting the blanket from tripping my feet and fled out of the hall and back to the room I came from which had automatically opening doors from the outside. I crawled back under the bed and fell asleep idiots like that were the reason my world burned, unable to back down, believing they are everything that they are always right and a gift from the gods.

end of chapter