"Why can't you tell me then if its nothing to be afraid of?" I said a little louder and stepped out of her reach.

"It is not my place to say. And I've been sworn to secrecy." I nodded slightly. "Any more questions not regarding Lucy?"

"How long have I been here?"

"Today is your third day."

"Are there any food choices that would be suitable for a mortal?"

"Yes, Lucy has arranged for a three day supply of regular food to be delivered to your cabin." Cabin?

"I get my own cabin?"

"Well, not exactly. You'll be staying with me, in my guest suit. I'm sorry if it will look a little young for you," she started walking and I followed. "It was originally designed for my daughter, the nine year old. But I'm sure it will be to your liking." We rounded a corner and came upon an open area with small buildings supported by stone arches circling around a stone pathway leading to a tree. It was large and twisted like a rope and immortalized in silver like everything else. It's branches curved open almost like a blooming lotus.

"Does this tree bloom with the seasons, or does it just stay like this year round?"

"It blooms with the seasons. But considering fall has almost become winter, most of the leaves have fallen." She gestured to the ground which I had just noticed, was dusted with silver leaves. "Only three leaves remain."

"So it follows the seasons but never dies?" I asked, circling the tree.

"It's confusing, I know." Maeve followed close behind me as I examined the trunk. "It follows an endless cycle, winter, spring, summer, fall, and never ages."

"I see." I touched the silver bark and found it was surprisingly warm. "So why am I here?" Maeve ran a hand through her long blonde hair.

"Lucy has some crucial information to share with you. She'll be here any moment." I turned as I heard the sound of clanking metal to my right. Ugh great it was Stanford. I saw him walk out of the shadows with Lucy following close behind. She was looking menacing as always. She looked at me like I was an annoying child that had to be dealt with.

"Come with me." She spun on her heels and walked into one of the buildings surrounding the courtyard. Stanford didn't follow her. I looked nervously at Maeve and she nodded. I cautiously walked towards the building, making sure I didn't make eye contact with Stanford. I walked into the room and I heard Lucy laughing as I closed the door behind me. She suddenly came at me and I had barely enough time to react before she-

Hugged me. What?

She wasn't laughing, she was crying and holding me tight. I hesitantly raised my right arm and patted her back. "...there there?"

"Oh, Margaret." She sobbed. "I'm so sorry we had to do this to you. How badly did I hurt you?" She pulled away and looked desperately at me with her watered eyes. She really was upset.

"Um, not that bad...I'm okay now."

"Good." She sniffled. "Good." Lucy sat on the floor in a fetal position, looking at the tiles. I looked around.

"Where are we?" The room was fantastically large...and dusty. Everything in here looked like it hadn't been used for years. There were several tables pressed against the outside walls and a huge stage as well as an intricately designed chandelier handing from the ceiling.

"The ballroom. No one ever comes in here except for me."

"Lu-...Jezebel,"

"Lucy, please. Everyone here calls me Jezebel but Lucy is the name I prefer to be called. But of corse I have a reputation to uphold." She wiped a tear from her chin.

"Then this is-"

"All an act? Yes. When I got here they made me queen, why they did, I still don't know. But I had to be hard and cold as a rock, or they would get rid of me."

"So why did they kidnap me? Do they want to make me queen now, because if so I don't want the position."

"No, they don't want to make you queen. They saw you and thought I escaped. I don't know if you've noticed but, we do look strikingly similar." I looked around at the empty room again.

"What do you do when you come here?" Lucy stood up and smiled sadly.

"I think of music. And I dance alone." She closed her eyes and started swaying. "Sometimes pretending he's dancing with me." Her eyes snapped open. "Well...I'm sure he's told you."

"Yes," I nodded and smiled a little. "Yes he has."

"I have one question for you..." She walked over to me and put her hands firmly on my shoulders. "Do you love him?" Her ruby eyes searched mine.

"Yes," I answered gazing right back at her. "I love him with all my heart." Lucy stared at me for a moment.

"Good." She released my shoulders. "He deserves someone who will love him as much, possibly even more then I do" I nodded and walked over to one of the tables. I picked up a silver fork that looked like it had never been touched. I could feel Lucy's eyes on me.

"Margaret?" I put down the fork and turned to face her.

"Yes?" She took a chair from one if the tables and then motioned for me to take a seat across from her. I sat.

"There's something I have to tell you."

"What is it?" My heart kept into my throat.

"Maeve?...she's your mother." My mind raced. Why would she be lying to me?

"No," I chuckled. "No, she's not. My parents died in a fire. That's all there is to it." I could feel my smile fading as the seriousness in Lucy's face didn't change.

"Margaret, please believe me. She is your mother." My breathe quickened as I tried to think back to my childhood. I could only see a blurry mass of long blonde hair and...crystal blue eyes.

"Wh...well if she is..th..then explain how she survived the fire." My voice was shaking and my body shivered with nervous energy.

"Your house did burn down. But your family wasn't inside. My men found your family in the woods and took your mother, but left your father and brother behind." My heart clenched and tears started swelling in my eyes as I thought of the image that had been burning in the back of my head ever since that day. The image of them all screaming and being engulfed in the merciless flames.

"My father...m...my brother." I wrapped my arms around myself.

"They were only unconscious. We don't know what's become of them now, but they were alive when my people found them." My brother's name was Jack...she said Jackson. And Maggie...Margaret...oh god. A new anger filled my chest.

"Then why didn't she recognize me!" I shouted and stood. "Why didn't she embrace me and tell me she loved and missed me like a mother would?!" Lucy remained calm.

"Margaret..." She gently took my hands and I sat down again. "She doesn't even know." Her voice was barely a whisper. "She still thinks you're that little nice year old she left behind."