The Letters

Dear Grace,

Hey baby :) How are you? I'm okay. I miss you so much. Some nights, I roll over, thinking your next to me, and I end up on the cold, hard ground. Not very plesant.

Bootcamp's tough.My drill sargent made me and my group run laps. A lot of laps. I thought I was going to pass out. My legs are still sore!

How have you been? Anything fun happen since I've been gone? Heard from my mom you moved in. Cool! Are you sleeping in my room, or the guest room?

I've gotten so many letters from my fans, but i only skim through them. The other guys, my roomates, they tease me. Then again, they also admit they are completely jealous cause of all the girls saying they want me.

Told them about you. Even showed them the picture of us together on the beach. You know, the one I kept in my wallet? The one where you say you hated how your hair turned out in it? Well, turns out everyone I've showed it to, thinks your a cutie.

Told you, you didn't look bad in the picture. Write back baby :) I'd love to get a few letters from you. Miss you like crazy.

I love you.xoxo

-Justin-

I re-read the letter many times before grabbing a peice of notebook paper, and a pen. I started the letter like most people do, writing Dear Justin at the top, wrote the date in the corner. I smiled at my work so far, knowing that my second grade teacher would be proud. 

Suddenly my mind went blank. What was I going to write? I knew the question's Justin asked in his letter, and figured I might as well answer him, but what would the rest of the letter say? I'd never forgive myself if I sent a short letter to him. He'd probably think I was being distant, right?

Don't want him thinking that.

"What are you doing, Grace?" Pattie asked as she walked outside to sit with me on the front porch. I sighed, and showed her the letter.

"I'm stuck on what to write." I confessed once Pattie finished reading the letter. "What do you write in your letters to him?"

Pattie shrugged. "I write what I would say if I was talking to him. You know, the usual mother stuff. How are you? Taking care of yourself? Have you done a load of laundry lately? Don't want you running around in stinky, nasty clothes." I giggled.

"What would you say to Justin if he was standing infront of you this moment?" she asked. I thought a minute.

"A lot of things." I say. "I'd hug him first. Ask him what it was like being in the army-" I stopped talking, and smiled. "Thank you."

Pattie smiled. "My pleasure." she rose to her feet. "I'm running to the store. Want anything?" I bit my lower lip, and looked down at my one sheet of notebook paper. I smiled alittle bit, and looked up at Pattie.

"A notebook." I say. "And a lot of pens." Pattie laughed lightly, and nodded her head.

"You got it."

~*Justin*~

Dear Justin,

Hey sweetie. I'm okay. I miss you a lot, and I wish you'd come home sooner. Overall I'm fine. I did move in, and I'm still adjusting to it. Some mornings, I'll wake up, and wonder where I am. Then I'll look to the space next to me, see your not there, and remember: 'Oh yea! I'm at justin's house! Duh'

I'm actually sleeping in your old room. It's very comfortable, and I'm making sure not to mess with your hockey tropheys, or anything else that is special to you. However, you do need a bigger bed. I think last night, my feet were dangling off the edge.

I'm sorry to hear bootcamps hard on you, but I'm sure by the first few months, it'll get easier for you. I'm sure your body can take it. Your a pretty healthy boy.

I think its sweet that your fans are sending you letters! Must make you feel great to know that your fans care as much as I do. (Don't tell them, but I care about you SO MUCH MORE than them. Shhhhhhh! Don't tell them! I don't want death threats!)

I love you! So much! Your mom's getting me a notebook, so I can write you long letters. Your amazing, and I can't wait til you come home to visit! :D Love you! Write back soon!

(Last time) LOVE YOU! XOXO

-Grace-

'She's so cute.' I thought as I folded the letter neatly, and placed it inside my pillow case. It's where I keep all my special letters. So far, I've got two. One from my mom, and the other from Grace.

"Bieber!" someone barked. I stood to my feet, and soluted automatically. The guys around me chuckled, and I dropped my arm to my side, embarrased.

"What Chuck?" I asked as the beefy soilder smiled at me, showing me all his chewing tobacco stained teeth. I tried hard not to make a discussed face at him.

"That a letter from your girlfriend?" he asked, his southern accent strong. He spit to the side, and some guy muttered some curse words.

"Yea." I answered. "Why?"

"Why don't you read it out loud?" he asked. All around, the guys agreed. "Come on, Bieber. You read your fan letters to us. Why not her's?"

"No." I cut. "Those aren't for you to hear."

"She pregnant yet?"

"What?" I ask, eyes widdened. "I never said-"

"So?" Chuck says, cutting my sentence short. "I'm sure you fucked her before you left. Don't you two live together?"

"Yea!" Someone yelled in the back. "My baby sister's obsessed with you! She says she heard you and your girlfriend, Carly, or whoever got some expensive apartment together."

"Stay out of my business." I spat.

"How can we?" Chuck's handy man, Randy, asked. "Them reporters are all ovr' your ass! 'Bout everythin'." I shook my head, and layed on my bed, making sure my letter from Grace was tucked inside my pillow case, nice and secure. More importantly, hidden.

"Alright ladies!" Our drill sargent, Officer Richard, barked as he walked in. "Room inspection time! Stand up, at attention, infront of your beds! Move it! Move it!"

I stood up quickly from my bed, making sure my sheets and blankets were in order, not a rinkle in sight. I stood at attention infront of the bed, my top bunk mate,Charlie, standing next to me.

Officer Richard walked by my bed, looked at Charlie and me. He sneered at my hair, like he always does. He wanted me to get it cut into a buzz, since he hated popstar hair, but the barber was off campus for the next few weeks.

He mumled something about my hair, and my eyes before walking behind me to inspect the bed. It seemed to take him much longer to inspect my bed than the others. I could see everyone in the room looking behind me, and I turned.

"Hey, put that down!" I yelled, reaching for my letter from Grace. Officer Richard, held it out of my reach as he finished reading it. When he was done, he scrunched his nose in discust, and placed it back on my pillow.

"Makes me sick." he muttered. "All this 'I love you!' shit. Blech." He pushed me out of his way as he inspected the rest of the room.

"At least I can get a girl." I muttered. Just my luck, Officer Richard was walking by, and he overheard me.

"Bieber!" He said, an evil grin spread across his ugly face. "You just earned you and your roomates extra laps! Starting tomorrow, everyone in this room now has ten extra laps, plus your original amount of laps!"

I frowned, and every man in the room sent me a glare. Chuck pounded a fist into his hand, and I gulped.

"You can all thank Mr. Bieber." Officer Richard said, and finally exited the room. After he left, all the guys walked towards me, each with hatred burning in their eyes.