Nine.

Slim

I walked out with Elaija and Elijah. He told me and Luke he'd be back, but I wasn't taking no chances. Elijah wasn't coming back, it was his fucking sister. I had to catch them before they left me stranded at that nigga's house. I wanted to be there to figure out whatever was wrong with her, I wanted to know. I rode with them to his house, hoping she'd tell me. "Ma, let me know something. Wassup with you and this crying shit?" She looked over at me, shaking her head.

"When they was upstairs, your name slipped out of her mouth." Elijah looked from me to Elaija. I looked at Elaija, on the outside I was shocked. But in the inside I was smiling. Yeah, I know it's fucked up to be happy at a time like this. Elaija needs a nigga like me, I just want her to be happy, with me. She don't need Albert, Alert, Sherbet or whatever the nigga's name is. "That ain't my fault, I mean, we did what we did. If she would've just waited—"

"Slim she lost the best man for her, all because y'all slept together." I looked at him, wanting to punch this Elijah in his damn face. It was my fault, he gotta be fucking stupid. She didn't stop me, she went through with the shit. If Elaija didn't want me, we wouldn't be having these fucking problems.

"Man fuck all of that. She didn't tell you she came to me every night he left her at home while I been out of jail. Your sister slept in my bed with her engagement ring on her finger." Elaija looked at me, punching me in the arm. I didn't give a fuck how her brother felt. This shit wasn't my fault, she knew it and he knew it too.

Elaija wasn't a fucking teenager no more, she a grown ass woman. This shit ain't new, I had her before and I could get her back. Alert wasn't the only nigga that could treat her right. "Elaija, tell me he lying. Girl, say something!" Elijah yelled at her out of frustration. I knew how he felt because I'd been the same way with my sister. "It's the truth. I only had sex with him once. I went over his house 3 times, woke him up out of his sleep the last time, which was 2AM this morning."

"What the fuck is wrong with you man? Algee won't come back, you not gone find nobody else like him, E. I really thought you were smarter than this." Elaija got out of the car, then I realized we were at Elijah's house. I got out of the car, seeing his frowned up face and hearing them argue with each other. "You deadass think that you my fucking father. Quit acting like my father, I'm not your child. I can do what the fuck I want. You can't control me, don't forget that shit."

She walked up on Elijah while I leaned on my car watching the bullshit go down. "I don't wanna be your fucking father. I'm still your brother and you gotta respect me." He was right about that, though. This was the first time I seen her being disrespectful to Elijah. "YoU gOTTa ReSpEcT mE. Fuck you." Elaija mocked him and I almost laughed. She wasn't gone be sleeping in his house tonight.

"C'mon, get in the car." I unlocked the door and dapped Elijah up. He looked like he wanted to say something, but he didn't. I got in my car and drove away. The whole way she was quiet, well have of the way. "I can't believe he did—"

I looked over at her, then back at the road. "Shut the fuck up with that, real talk. The way you just disrespected him, he might not ever speak to your stubborn ass again. That's your damn brother, the fuck is wrong with you man." She wanted to say something, until I looked at her. The shit she did back there was BEYOND disrespectful.

"Baby you didn't see—" She stopped talking very quickly. I stared at her, a smirk forming on my face. Elaija covered up her face. "Baby huh? That's what you said, ain't it?" She didn't say a word, not even when we got to the house.

Elaija didn't even want to sleep in the bed, not in the same room or anything. She slept on the couch in the living room. I kissed her forehead when I saw that she was asleep, before I spread the cover out over her body. I knew she was gonna be cold cause of the damn outfit she had on. "I love you Elaija, but you need to get better." I whispered to her. She was sleep so she didn't hear me.