《3》 The Sketchbook

She flipped the file between her fingers deliquetly. Whoever had this planned for them- it was laid out in every aspect that was necessary. The blueprint left some room for creativity, but their role in something like this was defined into very specific detail.

Her job however, made her question a little more than the show's layout. The ending result was sure to be the same for everyone- everyone that is, but her.

Running her hand over her tired face, Cam closed her eyes and let the cool air shake her body.

It was about 2 am at the moment, but her mind couldn't stop racing. Two and a half weeks had passed since their first initial meeting, and getting to know one another was the biggest task at hand. The Eye, also the people who brought them here, would deliver a message as to where they are doing the show, when they are doing the show, and why they were doing the show later.

For now- building a sense of teamwork was important.

Each had their own separate skills, that much Cam picked up on the first day. Their personality matched their skillset wonderfully. Merritt was a people person. He always knew how to get her to smile,  but worked even harder to maybe get her to laugh one day. It was a rare thing, but she happily did it when the moment called for it.

Jack was just as sneaky as his hands. He was always listening in on people, always wanted to be a part of everything. Jack was a curious guy, especially towards her.

Atlas was a control freak just as predicted. He wanted everything to be perfect in his own little way. This was Daniel's world, and they were just living in it.

Henley was kind to her, the two women sticking together from the start. They were polar opposites though. Cam was an introvert, cautiously approaching the world every day- ready for something to go wrong at all times. Meanwhile, Henley was living life without a fear in the world.

Cam aspired to be like that.

The world had a way of picking people out though. Beating them down like a childhood bully on the playground- that's how it worked.

Breathing another long breath of the city air, Cam turned herself back towards the window, slid it open, and stepped inside into the warm thick air of their new apartment.

As soon as the window was closed however, Jack' s voice echoed through the kitchen. "Cam?"

It made her jump, heart flying out of her chest before she caught her breath and her composure. "What are you doing up?" She asked.

"Came to get a drink of water, why are you up?"

Thinking of something reasonable, Cam looked to her feet. "Bad dream."

Jack's face softened from confused to concerned.

"You want to talk about it?"

Shaking her head, Cam began making her way towards the stairs that led to her bedroom. Herself and Henley claimed the top floor, and the boys were willing to give it up for privacy reasons.

"No, thank you." She politely declined. "I'm not much of a talker."

"I've noticed."

Setting the glass down, Jack somewhat followed her to the stairs but didn't take a step up them. "I'm glad someone has." She called over her shoulder.

Smiling up at her, Jack shook his head. "Have a good night Cam."

"You too Aces." The crackly rumble voiced through her throat. "You too."

------------------------------------------------------
Grabbing onto her backpack, Cam quietly stuffed her notepad into the biggest pocket. It's where she drew everything out. All her ideas, her plans, anything she could possibly imagine.