You Found Me

Disclaimer: I don't own The Vampire Diaries, or anything in it.

Caroline's POV

I walked into the Mystic Grill, avoiding all eye contact. This has been happening ever since my breakup. It had been a couple months but I still hasn't gotten over Niklaus Mikaelson. I knew it was ridiculous, pining over a breakup that had happened months ago, but Klaus had made me feel special. Which was something that all of my other boyfriends had failed to achieve. After my breakup I couldn't handle all of the sympathetic looks I got.

Klaus had broken up with me for some chick named Hayley. It was out of the blue and totally rude. He had taken me out for dinner one night. It was our third year anniversary, from the day we had first met. It was a beautiful dinner, and afterwards, he told me he had cheated on me. So, technically, I has broken up with him, but he had asked for it!

I made my way to the Mystic Grill bar, and sat down. I ordered bourbon.

"A little strong for someone like you, gorgeous. Don't you think?" A voice spoke. I turned to my right and saw a man sitting next to me. He had brown hair and an accent. I immediately thought of Klaus but quickly put that thought to the back of my mind.

"And who are you to tell me what's too strong for me or not?" I asked, sarcastically.

"Lorenzo. But you can call me Enzo." He replied, with a smirk. I rolled my eyes as he out his hand out for me to shake. He quickly put his hand back, looking a little disappointed, but quickly recovered himself with a smirk.

"Well, Enzo, I don't think you have the right to tell me what's right and wrong, after all, you barely know me."

"Ah. Feisty. Just my type. I still don't know your name, gorgeous."

"That's because I didn't give it." My drink came then. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to enjoy my drink without rudely being interrupted." I took a sip of my drink.

"Don't mind me, goldilocks. I'm just going to sit here and enjoy my drink.. Until you give me your name."

"Seriously!? If I give you my name, will you leave me alone!?" I said, frustrated. He really, wasn't all that annoying. If I was being honest with myself, I actually enjoyed talking to him. He was handsome, cocky, and accented, and funny. Sexy. But I still had yet to get over Klaus. And I knew that If I let myself like someone again, it would turn out exactly the same as that relationship had. So I refused to let anyone in my life. No matter how sexy they were.

"That would be great, gorgeous." He said, while smirking.

"My name is Caroline." I said.

"Caroline. Ah. What a lovely name. Well, Caroline. Would you like to join me with a drink?"

"I thought you said you'd leave me alone."

"Technically, I said it would be great if you told me your name. I never agreed to your terms." He smirked. I sighed. I was thinking about getting up and leaving the man at the bar. But, I wanted to stay. So I did. And we talked. All night.

"Alright, alright." He said, after drinking a shot. "What is your dream man like?"

I thought about this for a moment before answering. "He's sweet. Caring. But also funny. He isn't afraid of a challenge but wouldn't go to far to complete it. Kind of like Ryan Gosling in The Notebook. I what him to watch sunsets with me, travel with me, to understand me.." I trailed off. I looked back up at him. He was gazing at me.

"Well, I hope you find everything your looking for." He said.

"Yeah.. Me to." I replied, with a smile. We spent the rest of the night talking. And I knew one thing by the end of that night. Klaus wasn't the only guy who could make me feel special.