The problem that now confronted them was finding a witch who had the power to pull Rebekah out. Unfortunately, Freya was their only choice. It was the moment Grace knew would come, but she had tried to deny it for herself: it was the point where they'd need the newbie Mikaelson sister's help. They had to trust her even if they couldn't really. Grace was sure that this would come with a heavy price. 

Elijah was about to storm out off the compound to find the place Nik had dragged Freya to, wherever this might be. He knew Grace's opinion on this, but even she had to admit that there was no other way. 

Before he could pass the gate, Grace appeared in front of him and stopped him by placing a hand on his chest. He sighed and took her hand in his. 

"You know you can't come with me. It's too dangerous and you're needed here." 

Grace rolled her eyes, but despite the fact she hated the term 'too dangerous', she nodded.

"Yeah, I know. I won't stop you from marching into your new favorite sis' arms, I just have to tell you to be careful." 

She bit her lip conflicted, knowing that she was acting pathetic. That definitely went against the 'no bonds' rule. 

The corners of Elijah's mouth twitches upwards and he tried to hide it, but his eyes lit up in this beautiful way that made Grace melt. 

"I will be, if you promise me to leave Hayley in one piece." 

They both chuckled. 

"I'll try." 

She said jokingly, but stopped in motion when Elijah leaned down and kissed her cheek chastely. Her skin burned delightfully at the sensation of his lips on her skin. 

Grace needed a while even after he was gone to keep herself together again. Sometimes he was just so intense that it made her world shake from the ground. 

The young vampire hated it to not know what exactly was going on and she was worried sickly for her family. A while later she paced up and down in Hayley's bedroom, hoping that it'd calm her if she had Hope at eyesight but it didn't matter much. 

"Grace, you're not making it any better by making everyone else even more nervous." 

Hayley glanced down to her daughter who was fidgeting in her mother's arms, looking like she was on the edge of crying. It made Grace stop in her tracks and she sighed. Unfortunately Hayley was right. 

"May I?" 

She held her hands out, implying that she'd like to hold Hope in her arms. The mother nodded and carefully handed Grace the little girl. Holding her immediately calmed her and made her smile. It had been a while since she spent time with her kinda-niece. 

"You're good with kids. Is it the big sister gene?" 

Hayley stated. She obviously tried to get along with Grace and ease the tensed up atmosphere between the women. But of course it didn't really work, because there were so many unspoken things between them. 

"Well, my siblings would argue about that, but I think you can put it like that." 

Silence erupted and the hybrid watched as Grace rocked Hope back and forth lightly. She could see how tensed and worried the young vampire was anyway.

"Grace, you know that you don't need to stay here, do you? I've got a whole pack of wolves and your vampires, too, protecting us." 

Grace sighed, she actually would've loved to not talk. 

"Look, I promised Elijah two things. One, protect Hope. Two, 'don't rip Hayley to shreds'." 

She imitated Elijah's voice, but it wasn't funny at all. Hayley lowered her gaze.